What's new

Wolfman: On the waiting list. Questions.

Is it your first Wolfman, or do you already have the WR2 design? I have the Blackbird and Karve, but can only compare them to the WR2's that I've had. Great razors all!

It’s my first Wolfman. It seems from here, it would be WR2 and 1.05 to 1.25. Thoughts? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How often do you want to shave? Everyday? Do you want something that duplicates your Blackbird and Karve? Or do you want to explore more efficiency? I've had the Wr2 in 1.25 but switched to 1.45 and it's only moderately different than my brass'Bird and Karve e plate. Personally, if you enjoy those razors I wouldn't go less than 1.25 in the WR 2. But some guys that have both designs swear by the WR1. I'm looking forward to trying it next.

Hi!

Normally, I shave every second or third day. I would say duplicate or improve upon Bird (not sure that’s possible) :)

Also, I would want a similar weight. I’m guessing a hollow WRH2?

Amy suggestions for finish?

Thanks!

The basic polish is gorgeous. Some people like matte though. I thought hollow would be cool, bit didn't like it. Solid will be more similar to your bb. Resizer_16077447189891.jpgResizer_16077447189890.jpg

Thanks for the tip and photos.

The only thing is my BB is 98g and it looks like Ws are quite heavy. The handle may be 82g but the WR2 is 33g! This would make quite hefty at 115g. Though at least not as bulky as the Rockwell. :)

Last edited:
Hi, I would be glad to advise. I just received my order of the WR1 .80 Dual Comb, Phenomenal razor! From experience, ...1.25 is smoother than the Blackbird, but same efficiency. If you're after blade feel get either Carbon Cx-316 Original blade gap or Wolfman WR1 .86 Oc. Good luck with your decision!

If you want to try the hollow handle I'd recommend getting a solid handle at the same time. Easy to sell the one you don't want. I ordered a hollow and a solid (different handle designs) but much preferred the solid. If you are after a lighter razor get the Darwin, it's a better choice than a hollowed out handle in my view and is a great fit for the WR1.

Finish is totally personal. Do you enjoy cleaning and polishing razors, then polished is for you! Polished looks great until you touch it.

If you want low maintenance and no stress over scratches, go for a brushed finish. My brushed razor gets used more than my polished Wolfman. Plus it looks like a razor not a piece of jewellery.

Morning, gents,

Thanks to everyone for their insight!

I think the only issue I'm having at this point is really the blade gap, which is a bit of a confusing element because it's gap + exposure, all of which is based on design. In my experience, gaps around .90-.95 have led to irritation on my neck for me, though this comment is really about the Karve D. I think I'm concerned if I go to something like 1.25, It might lead to the same experience or worse that I got with Karve D. It's because of this, after some reading, I originally went with WR1 .74 when I placed my reservation, but after more reading, it seems WR2 may be better for me. In terms of blade feel, the most I could take is the BB.
  • BB (.58). Great. Efficient, smooth and great feedback. It could be smoother sometimes, but pros outweigh cons.
  • Tatara (.63). Great. Smoother, not as efficient, good feedback.
  • Karve C (.85). About the same as the Tatara, for me.
  • Karve D (.95).
  • Rockwell R5 (.95)

Lastly, I would like to get an OC plate. I just assumed get the same gap as the CC (like BB), but I see that's another riddle. :)

Suggestions welcomed! TIA!

I have no idea about the exposure of the BB - never tried this razor so can't talk for blade feel

Karve D according to the website is +0.13
WR1 .74 is around +0.17
Standard gap is +0.10

Equally can't work out WR2 exposure

If I was to go for the .74 I would definitely get the OC, the .80 OC is super smooth despite the exposure

If you want to try the hollow handle I'd recommend getting a solid handle at the same time. Easy to sell the one you don't want. I ordered a hollow and a solid (different handle designs) but much preferred the solid. If you are after a lighter razor get the Darwin, it's a better choice than a hollowed out handle in my view and is a great fit for the WR1.

Finish is totally personal. Do you enjoy cleaning and polishing razors, then polished is for you! Polished looks great until you touch it.

If you want low maintenance and no stress over scratches, go for a brushed finish. My brushed razor gets used more than my polished Wolfman. Plus it looks like a razor not a piece of jewellery.
I have the EJ 3one6 and love the razor I use a Polsilver blade in it, with a Feather not as comfortable a shave. If I was getting a Wolfman what would you recommend?

Hi, everyone,

Perhaps a silly question, but what is the length of the WR2 head? Trying to figure out the total length of the razor with WHR2 handle (80mm and 90mm variants). TIA! DW.

I have no idea about the exposure of the BB - never tried this razor so can't talk for blade feel

Karve D according to the website is +0.13
WR1 .74 is around +0.17
Standard gap is +0.10

Equally can't work out WR2 exposure

If I was to go for the .74 I would definitely get the OC, the .80 OC is super smooth despite the exposure
He could also go with dual comb, if it is still offered.

Hi!

Thanks for the suggestion.

I think I’m settled on the WR2 1.25 SB with WRH2 80mm (Solid). Basic polish.

I was wondering about the dual comb. I only want something slightly more agressive than SB so thought I would get same 1.25 OC.

The Dual Comb Option is available. Just never considered it. Any drawbacks?

Yes, dual comb is a possibility and definitely available.

Personally I'd rather have SB or OC not dual comb. Obviously you can't order both from Wolfman. My first WR1 is a dual comb and I will be selling it soon. Some like to start OC and continue SB but in practice I never do this. Just means I can't flip the blade. I just decide SB or OC today.

Dual combs are good for testing gaps I agree.

Top Bottom