What's new

Wolfman: On the waiting list. Questions.

I look forward to your comments on the WR1. My experience with UPS is that they not only collect GST and PST, but also a brokerage handling fee as well. But, like you say, if you live somewhere that is tax free on goods, then there would be nothing to collect except their brokerage fee. I also always use Canada Post and USPS when available. I really don't care how long it takes.

Yeah I will always try anything just to avoid unnecessary taxes :) I dont mind waiting either

Canada Post wasn’t so slow for me but I’m in the UK and this was before Christmas.

Zero custom fees as well.

@alex1921 which WR1 did you order?

I went with the 0.74, did some reading and it seemed like the safest bet. Will see. I have the 1.15 and 1.25 so also curious to see how they compare.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
My WR2 1.25 SB was shipped on 12/7. Had two estimated date changes and now shows Item Delayed:
FireShot Capture 006 - Canada Post - Track a package by tracking number - www.canadapost.ca.png

It will get here when it gets here. ;)

I look forward to your comments on the WR1. My experience with UPS is that they not only collect GST and PST, but also a brokerage handling fee as well. But, like you say, if you live somewhere that is tax free on goods, then there would be nothing to collect except their brokerage fee. I also always use Canada Post and USPS when available. I really don't care how long it takes.

I should have been more clear. It is the brokerage fees that get you. I’m fine with taxes (rarely applied) and customs fees (rarely relevant). But, $40 + for brokerage fees? Uhh...no.

Gents,

Just an update. Shaved again last night (two days' growth). This time, with a new Feather (sample pack). I usually use GSB.

This time, though, a WTG,XTG, ATG, while very smooth, left me with slight irritation for only a hour or two. After the first pass, everything is good, but upon completion of a second pass, the irritation begins. My prep is pretty standard (Shower, Proraso White Preshave, lather, etc).

I will keep at it, but compared to the first shave, not as great.

Will circle back.

DW.

I will say that for me it was a less instinctive razor to shave with at first. I had a few that I could run around my face without thinking and get a pretty good shave. My WR2 was not that!!! I’ve all but decided it is my only razor to use (shaving every other day) and the shaves are getting better and more comfortable. I had a great three pass shave this morning with zero drama.

I agree there's an adjustment period here. For whatever reason, I'm not handling it in the same way I am my BB or other razors. Also, the last two shaves, I'm not using the shave soap I normally use. Not that they are bad soaps, but wanted to try some new samples picked up over the holiday.

Gents,

Just an update. Shaved again last night (two days' growth). This time, with a new Feather (sample pack). I usually use GSB.

This time, though, a WTG,XTG, ATG, while very smooth, left me with slight irritation for only a hour or two. After the first pass, everything is good, but upon completion of a second pass, the irritation begins. My prep is pretty standard (Shower, Proraso White Preshave, lather, etc).

I will keep at it, but compared to the first shave, not as great.

Will circle back.

DW.

l‘ve personally never had great luck with Feathers. I suggest sticking with your GSBs and resist the urge to apply any more than just the lightest pressure. Let that beautiful razor do the work for you. Hopefully, the results will improve as you get more shaves under your belt. If not, you may need to seek out a lower gap.

l‘ve personally never had great luck with Feathers. I suggest sticking with your GSBs and resist the urge to apply any more than just the lightest pressure. Let that beautiful razor do the work for you. Hopefully, the results will improve as you get more shaves under your belt. If not, you may need to seek out a lower gap.

Agreed. Good advice. Let's see.

Gents, I'd say don't be surprised if it doesn't arrive until mid-late January (or even later).

Mine:

Nov. 27 - Item processed - Edmonton, AB
Dec. 16 - Item processed - SF, USA customs
Dec. 19 - Departed SF, CA Distribution Center
Dec. 23 - Arrived at Local Distribution Center

Amost 3 weeks just to get into the US. Still waiting on it.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Well gents ... don’t lose heart. Mine arrived today safe and sound after a 12 day journey from Canada to Pennsylvania. The WR2 1.25 SB is finally back in the house. Now I need to decide on the hollow or solid handle. The difference between them is not as stark as I expected. I hope yours all show up soon, my friends!
46E4B9DB-E852-4220-8192-17FB2F7F1B59.jpeg

Does anyone know if the Darwin handle will fit in the WRA1 stand? I’ve only ever seen it pictured in the WRA2 stand.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Well gents ... don’t lose heart. Mine arrived today safe and sound after a 12 day journey from Canada to Pennsylvania. The WR2 1.25 SB is finally back in the house. Now I need to decide on the hollow or solid handle. The difference between them is not as stark as I expected. I hope yours all show up soon, my friends!
View attachment 1201148

Gorgeous razor, Dan! :thumbup:

Top Bottom