What's new

Wolfman: On the waiting list. Questions.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I absolutely LOVE my 1.15. I have two more aggressive Wolfmans and I keep going back to the 1.15. It is so smooth and comfortable. Plus it gives me as good a shave as almost anything else. And I say ‘almost’ because there are just a few razors that will shave me closer, but that always comes with a price. Sometimes that price is worth paying, but most times not. After all, if I pull out a WR1 or a CG Level 3, I will get a closer shave. But in an hour or so I’d be at the same spot I would be with me 1.15 anyway.

I just ordered a 1.25 SB with WRH7 handle from someone on the reddit bazaar. It'll be my first go with a Wolfman razor. I signed up for the wait list a couple weeks ago so this should give me a good reference point for when my spot on the waitlist does eventually come up. I was initially thinking a 1.05 SB/1.25 SB would be great for me.

1 question though... thinking that perhaps a 0.95 SB / 1.15 SB..... or 1.05 SB / 1.15 SB dual...........
But how would one be able to tell both sides apart and which one is the 0.95 and which one the 1.15 for example? =p

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
For anyone wondering about where they are on the waiting list, I got on the list on May 5 and got my notice to proceed today. Exactly 3 months.

1628090977664.png

On another note. Probably wrong thread but thought if u guys don't mind, what are your top picks for the best blade pairing for the smoothest shave with your wolfmans?:)

Ahh cool.
I don't know where to get wizamets. Haha.

Looking at the reviews and selections on razor emporium, looks like Gillette superblue, astra green, Gillette nacet.... All probable good choices?

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
1 question though... thinking that perhaps a 0.95 SB / 1.15 SB..... or 1.05 SB / 1.15 SB dual...........
But how would one be able to tell both sides apart and which one is the 0.95 and which one the 1.15 for example? =p
I don’t have a dual comb Wolf, but it’s my understanding that open part (top) of the “W” is the higher gap.

Disclaimer: I’ve never shaved with a feather.
I love Gillette 7 o’clock black blades in mine. I’ve used them for more shaves than I could remember and only pull them because of boredom.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
On another note. Probably wrong thread but thought if u guys don't mind, what are your top picks for the best blade pairing for the smoothest shave with your wolfmans?:)

While my experience is limited to the WR2 1.15. Every blade I've tried has given a good shave. Even what would be considered "budget blades" seem to work well in a Wolf and give a smooth shave.

@maboroshi I have both the WR2 1.05 and 1.15. I wrote a post about my experiences before. My first bit of advice will not be useful, but I think it's always a fair goal. Usually one wants to get the closest shave possible with the least amount of irritation. Everyone's hair and face can be different when balancing those often opposing goals.

In my experience, I cannot really tell if there's any blade feel difference between the 1.05 or 1.15. I know mathematically there is likely to be, but I cannot detect it. So, my shave with the 1.05 or 1.15 are pretty much identical in terms of how my skin responds to the shave. I definitely can tell that the 1.15 shaves more closely than the 1.05 in terms of efficiency or more hair being cut. With that, I would recommend the 1.15 to most people. However, if you have more sensitive skin than average, then I would probably go with the 1.05.

Also, since you shave less frequently, this also tends to argue in favor of the 1.15.

I won't speak to the 1.25 since I do not have one. I have heard that the blade feel definitely jumps up from the 1.05 or 1.15. When I asked Wolfman directly about blade exposure, I was told that the 1.05 and 1.15 have the same. Whether that means identical or roughly the same, who knows. I don't think they give out specifics.

Good luck!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
For me, there is a noticeable jump in blade feel from the 1.15 to the 1.25. It is definitely more aggressive and more efficient. But it's still quite a pleasure to use.

Ahhhh I see I see. Thanks for that enlightening post!:)

From the looks of it i know I probably can't go wrong with a sb 1.15.

But thinking possibly a dual comb 0.95 sb / 1.15 sb might be the best of both worlds with the 0.95 being a very nice gentle side for touch ups?

@maboroshi I have both the WR2 1.05 and 1.15. I wrote a post about my experiences before. My first bit of advice will not be useful, but I think it's always a fair goal. Usually one wants to get the closest shave possible with the least amount of irritation. Everyone's hair and face can be different when balancing those often opposing goals.

In my experience, I cannot really tell if there's any blade feel difference between the 1.05 or 1.15. I know mathematically there is likely to be, but I cannot detect it. So, my shave with the 1.05 or 1.15 are pretty much identical in terms of how my skin responds to the shave. I definitely can tell that the 1.15 shaves more closely than the 1.05 in terms of efficiency or more hair being cut. With that, I would recommend the 1.15 to most people. However, if you have more sensitive skin than average, then I would probably go with the 1.05.

Also, since you shave less frequently, this also tends to argue in favor of the 1.15.

I won't speak to the 1.25 since I do not have one. I have heard that the blade feel definitely jumps up from the 1.05 or 1.15. When I asked Wolfman directly about blade exposure, I was told that the 1.05 and 1.15 have the same. Whether that means identical or roughly the same, who knows. I don't think they give out specifics.

Good luck!

Top Bottom