What's new

Wolfman in the House

On Saturday the Wolfman 1.25 arrived. When you strip away the packaging you fall in love with this beautiful polished stainless razor. I said packaging because I have purchased several other modern razors that are presented much better than the Wolfman.

I loaded up a GSB which is the blade that I use as a benchmark for all first DE shaves with a new modern or newly acquired vintage DE razor. I ordered 2 handles in the longer lengths (actually as good as the Wolfman handles looked I could have ordered all of the offered handles). Even without shaving I fell in love with the look and feel of the Wolfman. If you like longer handles both of the handles that I purchased are amazing. Both handles have a nice grip. The WRH2 100mm is your handle of choice if you love grip up and down the handle. The WRH7 98mm has a nice grip and it is just plain sexy looking. My first shave was excellent with a mild GSB blade. I was not blown away with the shave as much I was blown away by the look and feel of the Wolfman on my face and in my hand. For the next shave, I will use a vintage Wilkie or Pol-Silver and do a shave-off vs. my Timeless Ti .95. Do not get me wrong this was a very good shave with a mild blade, so let's kick-up the blade a notch and compare the shave and the razors.

If you need some advice on which Wolfman configuration including handles would be good for you Hannah's Dad was a big help for me. Thanks, Pops.

Wolfman.jpg

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
On Saturday the Wolfman 1.25 arrived. When you strip away the packaging you fall in love with this beautiful polished stainless razor. I said packaging because I have purchased several other modern razors that are presented much better than the Wolfman.

I loaded up a GSB which is the blade that I use as a benchmark for all first DE shaves with a new modern or newly acquired vintage DE razor. I ordered 2 handles in the longer lengths (actually as good as the Wolfman handles looked I could have ordered all of the offered handles). Even without shaving I fell in love with the look and feel of the Wolfman. If you like longer handles both of the handles that I purchased are amazing. Both handles have a nice grip. The WRH2 100mm is your handle of choice if you love grip up and down the handle. The WRH7 98mm has a nice grip and it is just plain sexy looking. My first shave was excellent with a mild GSB blade. I was not blown away with the shave as much I was blown away by the look and feel of the Wolfman on my face and in my hand. For the next shave, I will use a vintage Wilkie or Pol-Silver and do a shave-off vs. my Timeless Ti .95. Do not get me wrong this was a very good shave with a mild blade, so let's kick-up the blade a notch and compare the shave and the razors.

If you need some advice on which Wolfman configuration including handles would be good for you Hannah's Dad was a big help for me. Thanks, Pops.

View attachment 1233542
Gorgeous, Mike! Congrats!

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
That’s a gorgeous razor. Thank you for sharing the experience, and kudos the gentleman and scholar @Hannah's Dad for sharing his insights. Please continue to post your Wolfman tales in the upcoming days.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Stunning! Congratulations on your new razor and handles. Hope it's everything you wanted in a razor.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

View attachment 1233542
Nice.....very nice! 😍

First of all...congrats on the new razor. The WR2 is probably my favorite razor ever. On the shave / blade...I find that the WR2 works best for me with the sharpest blades I have. It is the only razor I own where the Gillette Yellows run like a hot knife through butter without nicking myself or irritation after. The GSB (which I also have) is a bit milder IME, so I would go with a sharper blade and see what you think.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Congrats on the WR2. My favorite razor. I also have other razors that provide shave results which are the tiniest increment better than the 1.25. But the feel in the hand, and on the face is light years beyond anything else. And it’s a true work of art. Enjoy many years with your new ride. And don’t forget to get back on the list so you can get your next Wolf! 😎

Shave-off, Wolfman 1.25 vs Timeless Ti .95 SB, both razors are polished.
Both razors were loaded with a new Pol-Silver blade.

Results:
Bottom Line Result, very close to a draw.

The Wolfman had more blade feel and was very audible vs. the Timeless. The Wolfman however provided a smooth very efficient shave that was only slightly closer than the Timeless. The Timeless feel is smooth like a vintage Gillette but much more efficient than the vintages. I would compare the blade feel of the Wolfman to the Blackbird. The blade feel of the Wolfman is not uncomfortable but you know that the blade is there. The Wolfman is not a razor that after a stroke or two you need to look to make sure that you loaded a blade.

Great shaves from both razors and they both have a great look. The feel of the heavier longer handle on the Wolfman is perfect for me. This shave-off did make me realize that I like a heaver stainless razor vs. a titanium razor (less pressure required throughout the shave), which may have given the Wolfman an edge in this shave-off. Since I mentioned the Blackbird it performs better on my jawline the either the Wolfman or the Timeless. The Wolfman also has a lower profile than the Timeless which makes me curious how the Timeless Slim performs.

Although the shaving result is very very close the Wolfman is the sexier of the 2 razors and just feels good in the hand,
and you get to say that you have a Wolfman.

I love both razors but if I could only afford a polished Timeless Stainless .95 razor I would be satisfied.

Shave.jpg

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.

Results:

The Wolfman had more blade feel and was very audible vs. the Timeless. The Wolfman however provided a smooth very efficient shave that was only slightly closer than the Timeless. The Timeless feel is smooth like a vintage Gillette but much more efficient than the vintages. I would compare the blade feel of the Wolfman to the Blackbird. The blade feel of the Wolfman is not uncomfortable but you know that the blade is there. The Wolfman is not a razor that after a stroke or two you need to look to make sure that you loaded a blade.

Great shaves from both razors and they both have a great look. The feel of the heavier longer handle on the Wolfman is perfect for me. This shave-off did make me realize that I like a heaver stainless razor vs. a titanium razor (less pressure required throughout the shave), which may have given the Wolfman an edge in this shave-off. Since I mentioned the Blackbird it performs better on my jawline the either the Wolfman or the Timeless. The Wolfman also has a lower profile than the Timeless which makes me curious how the Timeless Slim performs.

Although the shaving result is very very close the Wolfman is the sexier of the 2 razors and just feels good in the hand,
and you get to say that you have a Wolfman.

I love both razors but if I could only afford a polished Timeless Stainless .95 razor I would be satisfied.

View attachment 1234883
Great report, Mike. Did you ride the Wolf steep? Have you loaded it with a Feather yet?

Results:

Congrats on the Wolfman. I kinda love James' slightly diffident approach
to the packaging....it tells me he focuses all his genius on the product.

I remember running the 1.15 against the T95 scalloped and it (the 1.15)
still won easily.

Top Bottom