What's new

Wolfman handles?

Guys, my name just came up again on the Wolfman list. I have a WR2 SB 1.25 with a .80 WR2 handle. It’s just about perfect in every way.

I do like open combs quite a bit, and I know the WR1 shines in the OC configuration, so I think I’m going to give it a try—probably with the .86 gap.

I like the WR2 handle a lot, and I could just order the WR1 head, but Wolfman handles are so nice, I hate to pass up the chance of trying another one.

Here are the ones I am considering:
  • WR1: This is the one I was initially looking at, but the more I look at pictures, the more it strikes me as utilitarian.
  • Darwin: I think this handle is distinctive and gorgeous. Is it practical though? It seems like it might get pretty slippery when wet.
  • WR7: Current favorite. Seems both stylish and practical.
What are the opinions of other B&B members?

-Trey

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Trey, Mike (above) is right — it’s such a personal preference thing. That said, I’ve read several Darwin owners state that the handle is not slippery at all and that its design is quite ergonomic. You’re right about the WRH2 — it’s about as perfect as it gets.

I have a WRH2 and a Darwin handle. The Darwin is amazing. Not slippery at all. I actually prefer the Darwin. I’m a head shaver and it just seems to be a perfect grip with all of the different angles needed to get the job done. I had a WRH1 initially and found the knurling to be too aggressive for my tastes. Enjoy your razor whichever handle you choose!

You might also consider the hollow option, which reduces weight. I have the hollow WRH2 and it’s perfect for me with a WR2 head.

I own three (3) Wolfman razors, each with different handles: WRH1 (standard knurl), WRH1 (w. WRH 2 knurl) and WRH7.

Looks wise the WRH7 is beautiful. Handling is good with the small knurl at the top of the handle. Weight is excellent and balances well with the WR2 head

My WRH1 handles provide a bit better grip. Both are hollowed, which I highly recommend. Hollowed weight is very close to the WRH7 and provides a nice balance. For a WRH1 or 2 I highly recommend the hollowed version

Congratulations!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I have the WRH2 which is about perfect for me! (So I would be tempted to order another.)

That said, if you forced me to pick a different handle it would be the Darwin.

I'm looking into the WRH2, WRH3 and the WRH7 but can't see any measurements for the diameter. Can someone help me out? Thanks.

XjZuMgh.jpg.png
VpLi08e.jpg.png
L77PgPz.jpg.png

Guys, my name just came up again on the Wolfman list. I have a WR2 SB 1.25 with a .80 WR2 handle. It’s just about perfect in every way.

I do like open combs quite a bit, and I know the WR1 shines in the OC configuration, so I think I’m going to give it a try—probably with the .86 gap.

I like the WR2 handle a lot, and I could just order the WR1 head, but Wolfman handles are so nice, I hate to pass up the chance of trying another one.

Here are the ones I am considering:
  • WR1: This is the one I was initially looking at, but the more I look at pictures, the more it strikes me as utilitarian.
  • Darwin: I think this handle is distinctive and gorgeous. Is it practical though? It seems like it might get pretty slippery when wet.
  • WR7: Current favorite. Seems both stylish and practical.
What are the opinions of other B&B members?

-Trey

I have WR2 with WR7 handle and I absolutely love it!!! Super comfortable to me and never slips.

on another note, do you mind sharing when you joined the list this time around? I joined the list again on December 11, 2019 and I'm afraid I might have been skipped over (but I hope not)

I have WR2 with WR7 handle and I absolutely love it!!! Super comfortable to me and never slips.

on another note, do you mind sharing when you joined the list this time around? I joined the list again on December 11, 2019 and I'm afraid I might have been skipped over (but I hope not)

If I recall, didn’t you just receive your 1.15 within the last month or two? If so, that’s probably why your December order was cancelled. James doesn’t allow two outstanding orders from the same customer. You have to wait until your order is fulfilled and complete before you get back on the list.

If I recall, didn’t you just receive your 1.15 within the last month or two? If so, that’s probably why your December order was cancelled. James doesn’t allow two outstanding orders from the same customer. You have to wait until your order is fulfilled and complete before you get back on the list.
got mine about 2 months ago, but I have heard of others that have listed again before receiving their order and still go through. I might email them if haven't received the email by end of next week.

got mine about 2 months ago, but I have heard of others that have listed again before receiving their order and still go through. I might email them if haven't received the email by end of next week.

Yeah, I haven’t heard that and I’d imagine that if it happened, it’s only because it escaped James’ notice. That’s akin to cutting the line.....not cool. I don’t think you’re going to get an email. I’d go ahead and sign back up, if I were you.

but I have heard of others that have listed again before receiving their order
Yeah, I haven’t heard that and I’d imagine that if it happened, it’s only because it escaped James’ notice. That’s akin to cutting the line.....not cool.
If the reason for any skipping was having two active orders, you might be able to persuade James/Tara to 'move' your second order to the date they shipped your first one? If you were skipped for a reason, it's still better to get on the waitlist as soon you can, just in general.

Top Bottom