What's new

Wolfman Dual Comb

Hi all guys, I would like your opinion on the Wolfman Dual Comb razor. What do you think? Is the dual comb system comfortable to shave? Thank you

I don’t see why it wouldn’t be... I only have his SB but most say there’s not a difference between the SB and OC Wolfman. I know some get the SB side in a milder gap and the OC in a more aggressive gap

I have the dual comb with the closed side a little less aggressive than the open. There is not very much difference between the two. In fact, I'm not sure I'd know which I was using if I was blindfolded. It is a very smooth razor!

Ron

I have one of each. Kind of a coin toss. Maybe SB a hair milder, but both razors are wonderful. I'd be happy with either.

It's really up to you. I myself don't like dual combs, but it's more to do with my OCD than anything practical really. If you think it's going to serve you well, go for it.

I have never used a Wolfman razor, not a Dual Comb. That's why I ask for advice to you that you are more experienced.

I used both, but I prefer the SB, then again I tend to always prefer the SB, I find the shaves with them smoother. On that note, I have both Blackbird's SB and OC, and same with the wolfie's, I prefer the SB.

I think the terminology you are using is very confusing to some. What you are looking for and asking about is a "combo head" design where one side is a standard safety bar and the opposite is an open comb. There are a few out there but from someone like James @ Wolfman and Matt @ Timeless this would be a special order. I think Ikon sells the Shavecraft 101 and the new SBS that are combo head design.

As explained to me once, the open comb side would be for multiple days growth and the safety bar side would be for daily shavers. Some guys like the combo head design because they don't always get to shave daily and might skip a day or two in between. I personally have never used one but have spoken to Matt @ Timeless and the combo baseplate is $130 whereas the SB baseplate is $80 and the OC is $105.

I hope this helps...

The dual comb is a great concept for a razor. I have the SB (WR1) which is my favorite razor these days. Based on other folks opinions there really is not much difference between the two sides on the dual comb.

If there is really no difference between the two sides on the dual thigh, then I wonder if it can be used alternately and below, a Volt SB and once the OP.
Or can you irritate the skin?

The dual comb is a great concept for a razor. I have the SB (WR1) which is my favorite razor these days. Based on other folks opinions there really is not much difference between the two sides on the dual comb.

The dual comb -one side/teeth & other side/smooth solid bar- was a standard issue when I bought mine. I bet James still offers this option. If I had it to do over I would get a safety-bar on both sides of the plate, because 1Vader is right, it does work on my OCD. Aside from that I can't tell much difference in the OC or SB side. They shave about the same
The wolfman is an exceptionally smooth shaving implement.

Ron

I have the WR1-DC and I love it. The best razor I've ever owned and used. I use the open comb on my first 2 passes and then finish up with the SB on my last pass. I find this does the job. I can't recommend this razor enough.

@JayTris07 This was the information that I wanted! I too had tought to take off most of the beard with OC and later, for the counter using SB with OC and later, for the counter using SBwith OC and later, for the counter using SB

G

GroomedWoodchuck

I have the WR1-DC and I love it. The best razor I've ever owned and used. I use the open comb on my first 2 passes and then finish up with the SB on my last pass. I find this does the job. I can't recommend this razor enough.
+1 - Couldn't agree more with lapo.

Top Bottom