What's new

Wolfman - Brushed Basic/Matte Finish Pics

I just received a PILS 101NL which is a polished version of the pils razor but I am wondering if the brushed version 101NE would have looked or felt even nice. Often times we may think that the more polished it is the better it looks but maybe not. Whatever it is your wolfman looks great.

Here you go. WR1 on left and WR2 in right in photos. Hard to tell in photos but the satin finish definitely has some light polish and shine to it. All my other stainless razors are matte and this one definitely stands out next to them.

Thanks for the photos.

I just received a PILS 101NL which is a polished version of the pils razor but I am wondering if the brushed version 101NE would have looked or felt even nice.

Curious how is the grip on the polished PILS? If I got one I'd most likely get the brushed finish but most of my razors are either brushed, machined or sand or bead-blasted.

Pretty sure I will get a brushed - undecided if it will be basic or satin - Wolfman WR1 when the time comes.

The grip is fine actually. It's mostly an aesthetic question to me as the pils is associated to te brushed version (101 NE) to most people. i find the polished pils to handle very well in the handle balance wise. The correct way to hold is seems intuitive to me anyway because the head is so much heavier than the handle and the handle is quite long relatively speaking. So I hold the handle mostly towards the end where there is a end cap and the weight of the head is then allowed to provide the right degree of pressure for the blade to cut well. The long handle then exerts a lever effect to make the shaving seem effortless. When held that way I had no grip issues at any time. That method works well for me anyway.

Thanks for continuing to post pictures. Has anyone shaved with a polished & brushed matte Wolfman? Is there any difference in the glide of the razor that you feel is attributable to the polished or brushed matte finish?

Wondering how you like that Darwin handle. You don’t see many and it’s my current Wolfman handle order. Thanks.
Darwin is a great handle. Lighter than most stainless, it's slim and elegant and the curves provide a good grip. Thoroughly enjoy that one!

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Thanks for continuing to post pictures. Has anyone shaved with a polished & brushed matte Wolfman? Is there any difference in the glide of the razor that you feel is attributable to the polished or brushed matte finish?
Hi David,

I have had both high polished and matte basic and I personally felt no difference in the shave quality/feel. If you want a maintenance free razor, basic matte is a great option, if you want the Wolfman shine, basic polished is better than most any other razor on the market. Buy either knowing you're getting a great performer.

Thank you Thomas for your opinion. It's good to know, either way, the shave is not affected. I believe I'll be going with the polished version for my first Wolfman.

Thanks for the pictures. I have to say that the Matte look was not even on my mind for this razor. The only Matte finish I have is the Rockwell 6S and that is really not my style. The Wolfman Matte definitely looks a lot more appealing.

I have a long time to decide though considering I only waitlisted a week or two back .. :D

Top Bottom