What's new

Wolf Whiskers

I recently placed an Order with Wolf Whiskers For a new Brush. I had received an Omega Boar brush in a sampler pack and just luck of the draw, got a brush that is continually shedding large numbers of hairs and even starting to thin a smidge in some places now. So, I looked to Wolf Whiskers for a replacement. My Brother had recently ordered from him and referred me as I told him I was looking for something high end, with top-notch craftsmanship. I didn't want to spend less money now, only to wind up in the same situation later.

I saw a thread with one of his last brushes for sale prior to his deployment on B&B so I messaged him. When discussing the brush, he also told me about two slightly used brushes. So, what did I do? I bought the two used brushes instead of the new one I had originally set out to look for. Lol. Makes perfect sense, right? Anyway, I simply couldn't pass up the deal, these things just looked beautiful, and I was able to justify it to myself by saying I obviously needed one Badger and one Boar... right?! The ordering was actually fun. Peter was amazingly helpful, very responsive and just a great guy to talk with about this new hobby of mine. I placed the order and he shipped as soon possible. I received the package exactly 7 days after he shipped it to my APO, and from his location to Spain, that's pretty amazing.

When I got the package I ripped into it excited as could be, only to find that he threw in a massive stash of samples and freebies. Pre-shave, multiple shaving soaps, shaving cream, cologne, face food, after shave balm and multiple blade packs. I weighed the freebies on my very scientific scale and it came out to a solid metric crap ton. This was just insanely generous and I'm immensely grateful. Out of every single sample he provided, being a noob, I hadn't tried any of it except for the Feathers and they're now my favorite! Everyone knows samples are great to have at any time, but are immensely helpful when just starting out. So, from one Brother in Arms to another, thank you very much.

$uploadfromtaptalk1391777486941.jpg

Now, the brushes. There's really just nothing to dislike and it's hard to summarize these brushes in terms that grant them the adoration they deserve. The one thing that stuck out to me when I started holding them and checking them out is that I just did not know what I was missing before. The hair on the brushes are just full and plentiful, ample and soft. The handles are exquisite pieces of art. Apart from the attention to aesthetics that obviously went into them, they just fit your hand like it's intuitive. I used the Buckeye Burl Badger brush this morning with my RazoRock XX. The brush just felt so good on my face working that lather in and it whipped up a nice foam as quick as could be. I Can't wait to try the badger tomorrow with my dragons blood soap.

Without further ado;
Buckeye Burl Badger Brush. 61mm tall, loft 48mm. Finest F2 two band 22mm knot.

$uploadfromtaptalk1391777384512.jpg

$uploadfromtaptalk1391777412601.jpg

Purple Boar Brush. 56mm tall, 38mm base diameter, 24mm boar know. Loft @50mm.

$uploadfromtaptalk1391777433505.jpg

$uploadfromtaptalk1391777451742.jpg

Bottom line, I will make a reason to purchase multiple brushes from him again. If you haven't tried a brush of this caliber before, you simply won't understand what you're missing until you do. Talking to him today he said he's not making any more brushes before his deployment and only has a few left. I'm so grateful that I jumped on these while I still had the opportunity.

Last edited:
Great write up and sounds like a great experience. I really like the Wolf Whiskers Brushes and Peter seems like true gent.

I suggest "Purple Haze" for your stunning purple boar.

Great stuff. Cheers.

Last edited:
I keep telling you to go ahead send me the brushes and I will hold on to them for your. I will randomly send them back to you in Spain and you will have the joy of opening then again. Good idea I think.

Great write up and sounds like a great experience. I really like the Wolf Whiskers Brushes and Peter seems like true gent.

I suggest "Purple Haze" for your stunning purple badger.

Great stuff. Cheers.

Thanks! Seriously though, to say that the purple one fits my hand like a glove would be a gross simplification of the highest degree. It's amazing. That and it matches my plum crazy purple '72 roadrunner!

I keep telling you to go ahead send me the brushes and I will hold on to them for your. I will randomly send them back to you in Spain and you will have the joy of opening then again. Good idea I think.

Pffft. I will send you my Derby's for your insolence. Lol

Last edited:
Beep Beep. I'm pretty set on WW brushes when Peter is back with us. I didn't have the $$s this time around.

Beep Beep. I'm pretty set on WW brushes when Peter is back with us. I didn't have the $$s this time around.

You won't regret it! I'm trying to stay strong and not purchase one of the last few he has left now. I'm trying to wait until he gets back so I can see about a matching set.... hehehehe.

Very nice story. Thank you for sharing and enjoy the gear!

Ben

Thanks. I love when a purchase goes like this. It's some kind of customer service that's leaves you happy with a great story at the end.

I especially like that first one. It looks like it was forged by a blacksmith. Peter makes some great stuff and he's a great guy to boot!

Peter is a craftsman and a pleasure to deal with. I bought one of his "Bob" style brushes last year and one of his L7 style brushes is on it's way to me right now.

Both your brushes are beautiful, but I particularly like the purple boar. For me, most boar brushes on the market have good knots set in cheap handles. Combining a boar knot in a quality custom handle is a great idea. Custom boars are less common than custom badgers.

By the way, welcome to B&B and thank you for your service.

Last edited:
Peter @ WW is top notch and a fine gentleman.Your brushes look great! I am a proud owner of a WW Midnight Penny Emperor - Its performance is unreal.Also, a huge thanks to the both of you for your service!

I especially like that first one. It looks like it was forged by a blacksmith. Peter makes some great stuff and he's a great guy to boot!

It's an awesome brush. I love the satin finish and the natural beauty of the wood. I imagine this is one that will continually improve with the years with use and handling. Between the oils in my hand and the moisture, I wonder what it'll look like in ten years.

Peter is a craftsman and a pleasure to deal with. I bought one of his "Bob" style brushes last year and one of his L7 style brushes is on it's way to me right now.

Both your brushes are beautiful, but I particularly like the purple boar. For me, most boar brushes on the market have good knots set in cheap handles. Combining a boar knot in a quality custom handle is a great idea. Custom boars are less common than custom badgers.

By the way, welcome to B&B and thank you for your service.

I love the purple one too. I wish I could capture the way the light pours through the handle and post a picture. I'll try to see if I can get a picture of it this weekend. But pictures just don't seem to do it justice.

And thank you.

Peter @ WW is top notch and a fine gentleman.Your brushes look great! I am a proud owner of a WW Midnight Penny Emperor - Its performance is unreal.Also, a huge thanks to the both of you for your service!

A true gentleman indeed. And thank you.

Top Bottom