What's new

Wolf Whiskers knot help

I am currently on the wait list for two WW handles. I plan to get one synthetic -- I like the Ubersoft 2 knots very much but I'll have several. So I thought I'd get a badger knot on the other WW. I believe he uses TGN knots and I'm wondering who has experiences with those knots and what you'd recommend for a face-lathering, soap user who likes backbone but not scritch.

I have two WW brushes, they are both fantastic. One is a synthetic and the other is a badger. The best advice I can give is to ask Peter for his opinion. Tell him what you prefer in other brushes, and how you use them.

I have found Peter to be an honest gentleman and very forthcoming when asked his opinion. He won't try to sway you to one knot over another unless it's what he thinks would suit your needs.

I have two WW brushes, a badger TGN knot, & a synthetic described by Peter as "Similar to a Plisson".
The badger is a good knot & it has decent backbone. The synthetic has no backbone at all IMHO, although he may have a synthetic nowadays that has backbone. His handles are pretty nice.

Not sure if he still stocks them, but he used to have Shavemac knots in addition to TGN. The Shavemac knots at each class are indeed a bit nicer than the TGNs, most noticable in the two band silvertips. If you're getting a Finest knot, the TGN Finest knots are excellent. While I think the Shavemac Finest knots are a touch better, it's definitely not drastic. You'll be happy with a TGN Finest. But given how incredibly nice his handles are, you may consider putting the nicest knot you can afford in there.

Top Bottom