What's new

WM Neumann's vs Baum.be - which do you like more?

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Eyeing these two creams. Which do you like better? Which offers better slickness, protection, skin conditioning, etc.?

I understand that in terms of scents, they are polar opposites. That is fine.

Any other reasonably-priced, outstanding performance creams you would recommend?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'd be interested to know... because I just started using Baume.be cream along with their pre-shave. I love them together and today, I tried the pre-shave with Canada Shaving soap. The soap is totally unscented but produced a very, very nice lather, even though it's as far from a cream as I've experienced.... hard as a rock. I had to scrape some out into my lathering bowl.. no problems after that.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I'd be interested to know... because I just started using Baume.be cream along with their pre-shave. I love them together and today, I tried the pre-shave with Canada Shaving soap. The soap is totally unscented but produced a very, very nice lather, even though it's as far from a cream as I've experienced.... hard as a rock. I had to scrape some out into my lathering bowl.. no problems after that.
To be clear, the Baum.be is hard as a rock?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
To be clear, the Baum.be is hard as a rock?
I seem to be having a communication problem lately... lots of people are asking for clarification.

The Canada Shaving Soap is hard as a rock. The Baume.be is a cream... just slightly harder than some of the creams out there. But it acts very cream like in my lathering bowl. Almost instant lather. It scoops out easily.... about the same as Proraso white (maybe a little softer).

There does seem to be some blurring of the lines between soaps, croaps and creams.

I seem to be having a communication problem lately... lots of people are asking for clarification.

The Canada Shaving Soap is hard as a rock. The Baume.be is a cream... just slightly harder than some of the creams out there. But it acts very cream like in my lathering bowl. Almost instant lather. It scoops out easily.... about the same as Proraso white (maybe a little softer).

There does seem to be some blurring of the lines between soaps, croaps and creams.
I got that the first time through.
I have a puck of Baum.be somewhere in my stash, it's not triple-milled hard, but firm enough.

The puck smells unremarkable to me, like a clean bar of shower soap...

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I got that the first time through.
I have a puck of Baum.be somewhere in my stash, it's not triple-milled hard, but firm enough.

The puck smells unremarkable to me, like a clean bar of shower soap...
Yeah.. I had asked for suggestions for soaps without a strong scent. Tomo and APBinNCA recommended Baume.be as one of the ones I should try.... I love the light to non-existent scent, though I got the cream in a screw top jar.

Yeah.. I had asked for suggestions for soaps without a strong scent. Tomo and APBinNCA recommended Baume.be as one of the ones I should try.... I love the light to non-existent scent, though I got the cream in a screw top jar.
The lack of sense makes total scent, given this was formulated to satisfy extra sensitive skin. The cream and balm at least.

Top Bottom