What's new

Wizamet Super Iridium, real or not?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Arrived...

Iridum.Super.750Blades.8:3:30.640.JPG

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
So Jim, assuming that each blade lasts a month for you (like your current Polsilver SIs)... that's only 62½ years supply.

I take it you're already considering ordering MORE. :yesnod:

proxy.php

I also have only about 350 Polsilver blades. People in my family live a long time (especially women). I'm only in my 9th decade now.

BOSC.2.Anything worth doing....jpg

I'm sure this all makes perfect sense to someone, Cal, and you're that someone.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
8-4-20.IridiumSuper.Vitos.FOCS.Mistura.480JPG.JPG

First shave with the new blade: Nothing at all distinguishes it from a Polsilver SI. That's the highest of praises, but one shave is not a complete shave test of a blade, right?

Happy shaves to you,

Jim

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Yup. I did a test blade out of the 500 I received yesterday just to make sure. The packaging was a little different. P&G labeling instead of that Xyzel or whatever. The new ones look just like Chan's pic. Still the same blades. Still rock. So I'm good for a long while. Have about 1500 or so between Polsilvers and Wizzies.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Yup. I did a test blade out of the 500 I received yesterday just to make sure. The packaging was a little different. P&G labeling instead of that Xyzel or whatever. The new ones look just like Chan's pic. Still the same blades. Still rock. So I'm good for a long while. Have about 1500 or so between Polsilvers and Wizzies.

From the vendor:

"...the wizamets have 2 releases (Old edition with white wrapper made before 2019 and new ones with writing on the wrapper made in 2019/2020 - picture below-)
the difference only in release date. no difference in blades or company...
This is just to let people know that there is no difference between wizamets Old edition vs New edition.

"In NY I have the old edition (white wrapper) and they are hard to find now as they release these new ones last year (writing on wrapper).

1596585520204.png

*******"

That's ^ what the vendor told me.

I'm not 100% sure I understand it exactly, but I suspect it will become clear.

In any case I am sure he's saying the blades are the same.

The blade I used this morning which was shipped from New York (I think) had writing on the paper.

Happy shaves,

Jim

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
From the vendor:

"...the wizamets have 2 releases (Old edition with white wrapper made before 2019 and new ones with writing on the wrapper made in 2019/2020 - picture below-)
the difference only in release date. no difference in blades or company...
This is just to let people know that there is no difference between wizamets Old edition vs New edition.

... In any case I am sure he's saying the blades are the same ...

Oh they are the same. I have a bunch of Wizzie sleaves of 250 that Ive bought over the last couple of years. Some from before 2019 say Zyletek on them. 2019 and later say P&G on them. Some older ones have white inner wrapper ... newer ones have the inner wrapper with the writing, however not all of the 2019 blades with the same packaging have the writing. The earlier 2019 blades have the plain white wrappers. Same blades. Ive used a ton of them. These are indeed the same blades as Polsilver as well.

2020-08-05 14.17.03.jpg

2020-08-05 14.17.29.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Oh they are the same. I have a bunch of Wizzie sleaves of 250 that Ive bought over the last couple of years. Some from before 2019 say Zyletek on them. 2019 and later say P&G on them. Some older ones have white inner wrapper ... newer ones have the inner wrapper with the writing, however not all of the 2019 blades with the same packaging have the writing. The earlier 2019 blades have the plain white wrappers. Same blades. Ive used a ton of them. These are indeed the same blades as Polsilver as well.

Seems exactly like a Polsilver to me, expert that I am, having used the IS twice!

I'm very familiar with the Polsilver SI and think anything not the same would jump out at me. Once I tried a Polsilver it's been the only DE blade I've used (including now I think).

I believe it's the exact same blade but I don't have as much experience as you. Thanks for clarifying and adding to the label data base.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I have purchased from wizashave and no issues
The blades are amazing, same as polsiver

After a week-long delay, mine just came in today! Was your package a little banged up with no padding? Mine's a bit odd because it seems to have been opened and repackaged based on the semi-random distribution of slightly damaged tucks throughout, but as long as they shave! 🤷‍♀️

(This coming from someone who's never tried Polsilvers)

If blades fine I would not worry bout it
Post your impressions

Wow. Way too soon to tell as I've only had one shave so far, but I've been surprised by this blade's performance. I'm not sure if it was my prep today, but the wiz seems to cut differently — "snipping" off the hairs, for lack of a better word. I did notice a pseudo-weeper around my adam's apple (which is always my trouble spot), but it's also the blade that's required the fewest passes there for me so far.

It feels almost sacrilegious to say (especially in this thread), but I almost feel like I might prefer the GSBs at the moment! The Wizamets feel like a very sharp, one-pass blade that'll give me a DFS with minimal effort, whereas the GSBs feel like a shockingly smooth, multi-pass blade that have left me BBS with minimal irritation each time. More research is obviously needed, but I think these two are currently neck-and-neck for me, with slightly different use cases! (Also interesting to see BigJ's comparison here).

*I will also give the edge for packaging to Wizamets; very appealing wrapper, and tiny glue spots compared to the GSBs:laugh:

I have to give a huge shoutout to Wizashave...

Several weeks ago, I ordered my second 250-blade sleeve from Wizashave.

My first order, about a year ago, was unremarkable (if a week or two slower than an order from Maggard's, which is understandable as it came from Morocco). No issues. Great blades.

My second order (from NY) arrived a few days ago, but the sleeve was missing one ten-blade tuck. I waited a couple of days to write back, partly because I didn't want him to think I was unduly bothered; mostly, I wanted him to know that if I owned the business I would want to know of the glitch. As I told him, I suspect he sells individual tucks, and someone forgot to mark the sleeve that was missing a tuck. I did not ask for or even suggest a remedy. He didn't write back.

Tonight I receive an envelope from Wizashave with a single tuck of blades. Here's what I wrote him after I opened the envelope:

"I'm impressed, astounded and pleased. I emailed you about a missing ten-blade tuck from my 250-blade sleeve, just to let you know. I didn't expect a response, as that was not my intent, but to receive a replacement tuck this evening has made my day. Not because $2.00 is important, but the generous human spirit never goes unnoticed by me. Thank you. I'm a repeat customer, and suspect I'll repeat again. Have a great weekend!"

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have to give a huge shoutout to Wizashave...

Several weeks ago, I ordered my second 250-blade sleeve from Wizashave.

My first order, about a year ago, was unremarkable (if a week or two slower than an order from Maggard's). No issues. Great blades.

My second order arrived a few days ago, but the sleeve was missing one ten-blade tuck. I waited a couple of days to write back, mostly because I didn't want him to think I was unduly bothered; mostly, I wanted him to know that if I owned the business I would want to know of the glitch. As I told him, I suspect he sells individual tucks, and someone forgot to mark the sleeve that was missing a tuck. I did not ask for or even suggest a remedy. He didn't write back.

Tonight I receive an envelope from Wizashave with a single tuck of blades. Here's what I wrote him after I opened the envelope:

"I'm impressed, astounded and pleased. I emailed you about a missing ten-blade tuck from my 250-blade sleeve, just to let you know. I didn't expect a response, as that was not my intent, but to receive a replacement tuck this evening has made my day. Not because $2.00 is important, but the generous human spirit never goes unnoticed by me. Thank you. I'm a repeat customer, and suspect I'll repeat again. Have a great weekend!"
He did the right thing. But so did you. It was a simple mistake, but he remedied it and he will undoubtedly be repaid by others impressed by his actions.

I've now got a lifetime supply of blades thanks to Wizashave.

My first pack of 250 was a bit of an adventure, because it was shipped from Morocco at the height of the Covid panic and never made it here. I gave it a couple of months, because I figured it was coming by sea mail and I've had packages from the UK take months to get here. But after contacting them, they sent me a pack from NY. It arrived within a few days of shipping.

I was thinking maybe I could get three weeks out of a blade and ordered another pack just in case there are no more once these are gone. My second order also arrived from NY in just a few days.

The blades are wonderful. I finally decided to swap out my first one after six weeks. I kind of wanted to see how long it would go. After six weeks, it was still doing as well as an Astra or Nacet after about 10 days. And much better than many blades I've tried on the first shave.

I highly recommend them.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Can someone please explain me how is it possible that Wizashave is actually offering 250 Super Iridium blades for 49.99$? That is 20$ for 100. And these are supposed to be the best blades and also very rare. I think they sold for more when they were still widely available a few years ago. I see that everyone that has ordered from Wizashave is happy with the blades and say they are genuine. I'm having a hard time understanding both how can they possibly offer them for such a low price, and where they are getting them from.

Top Bottom