What's new

Wizamet Super Iridium, real or not?

Good to hear thanks mate! One has a date with a Wolfman tomorrow morning!
Don’t forget to howl before you shave

proxy.php

it's from wizashave.com . but it's weird, i didn't see "Australia", is it a real one?

Attachments

• IMAG0023.jpg
    IMAG0023.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMAG0022.jpg
    IMAG0022.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMAG0021.jpg
    IMAG0021.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMAG0024.jpg
    IMAG0024.jpg
    396.1 KB · Views: 65
As I’ve posted before, I purchased a large quantity of Polsilvers that I suspect are fake. The box looks correct except for the curly bit under the “y”. But the blade itself doesn’t look right. No glue dots. Wrong printing. Wrong numbers. The seller swears up and down that he talked to p&g and they are real. I tried one when I got it, and it shaved well. Very well. That was a while ago. So today I gave it a shot again. Put a new fakeSilver in my 3one6 and gave her a thorough three pass shave. It was fabulous. Just like a real Polsilver. Super sharp and smooth. Got a bbs, which doesn’t happen every day for me. So what do you think? Fake? Does it matter? Would you use them?

I have experienced the same as you, received a fake Polsilver. But I made a dispute directly and got the refund promptly. The seller also said he gets the Pilsilver blades from the distributor of the P&G as attachments pics...

Attachments

• Snipaste_2020-03-21_03-22-52.jpg
    Snipaste_2020-03-21_03-22-52.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Snipaste_2020-03-21_03-24-41.jpg
    Snipaste_2020-03-21_03-24-41.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 59
So reading through this a couple of times, and wanting to order some of these blades, I'm confused on one point: How is it that some have the "circle R" registered trademark while others have the "TM" registered trademark? Is there a difference?

So reading through this a couple of times, and wanting to order some of these blades, I'm confused on one point: How is it that some have the "circle R" registered trademark while others have the "TM" registered trademark? Is there a difference?
1585020330429.png

As the latest ones all have IRIDIUM™ on them I'm guessing that P&G don't consider paying the registration fees for IRIDIUM® worthwhile any more.

As the latest ones all have IRIDIUM™ on them I'm guessing that P&G don't consider paying the registration fees for IRIDIUM® worthwhile any more.
In commercial practice TM is also used when a trademark application is pending for acceptance at the office of registrar. With 10 year trademark exclusivity, I feel P&G is not really shy of funds but what we see here is a large batch run of blades when application was under consideration.

Are these later blades the same as the ones that have the "circle R" on them in terms of quality?
According to numerous posts on this thread they are.

Also, due to this thread I ordered a 250 blade box from Wizashave. They have the IRIDIUM™ on the blade and the ten-packs are dated 17/01/19. One of those will be my next blade, but I'm currently on shave 14 with a Polsilver Super Iridium (which I believe are also the same blade) and can't see it getting dull any time soon.

In commercial practice TM is also used when a trademark application is pending for acceptance at the office of registrar. With 10 year trademark exclusivity, I feel P&G is not really shy of funds but what we see here is a large batch run of blades when application was under consideration.
TMK... IRIDIUM® was on the first Wizamets and Polsilvers out of PPI in Russia. It's only since the Polsilver Super Iridiums stopped about a couple of years back that the Wizamets now show the unregistered ™ mark, hence my guess (in bold) above.

i think wizashave.com is different vendor with ebay dromashop due to used different way for shipment.
wizashave used DPD Belgium for shipment, but dromashop used Poste Maroc.

My wizashave.com order was sent via Morocco Post.
Because i ordered it both at the same day (around Feb/20), but i just received from wizashave via DPD last week, unfortunately i didn't receive dromashop via Morocco Post.seems still stuck in Morocco when checked tracking number.
I made my Wizashave order on March 3 (via Morocco Post) and received it on March 16 (via Royal Mail here in the UK).

I don't know where you are, but have you checked the tracking number on your own country's postal service tracking website? Also, have you mentioned the long delay to your eBay seller?

i live in Taiwan, i just check below website for tracking:

I made my Wizashave order on March 3 (via Morocco Post) and received it on March 16 (via Royal Mail here in the UK).

I don't know where you are, but have you checked the tracking number on your own country's postal service tracking website? Also, have you mentioned the long delay to your eBay seller?

Top Bottom