What's new

Wizamet Super Iridium, real or not?

It’s been over a month since my Dromashop blades were posted so I opened a dispute on eBay and have received a prompt refund. I’m dubious on whether to buy directly on the wizashave site as I think it’s the same seller.
Give another 2 more weeks, because, it’s taking much longer for a package to be cleared by custom due to Coronavirus issue, custom are taking extreme measures in place when parcel are coming overseas.

Also did you receive a tracking number for your package

Nope. Says can’t be tracked
This has happened to me many times, it’s normal, because, each International tracking numbers are different and some are not registered through Australian post directly from Custom when the package get cleared.

As soon as the package get cleared by custom, Australian post looks for a tracking number or registration number on the package. AusPost will automatically create a packaged file number, and if you have you own parcel locker/collect account in your name through AusPost, they’ll automatically tell you where’s your package online and give you approximate day and timeframe.

Thanks to all you enablers in this RBAS inducing thread :wink2:
I checked out a Wizamet SI from my blade stash which I hadn't used in years. And indeed it gives a more pleasant shave than the cheaper Personna Lab blue (100ct packs). So I ordered two 250ct packs from Wizashave a few days ago. :thumbup:

A search first let me to a seller on ebay offering 250 ct as per headline and in the fine print it turned out to be just 100. So be careful to watch out for the actual amount in your cart.

I will let you know once the delivery from Wizashave has arrived.
Shave on.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
As I’ve posted before, I purchased a large quantity of Polsilvers that I suspect are fake. The box looks correct except for the curly bit under the “y”. But the blade itself doesn’t look right. No glue dots. Wrong printing. Wrong numbers. The seller swears up and down that he talked to p&g and they are real. I tried one when I got it, and it shaved well. Very well. That was a while ago. So today I gave it a shot again. Put a new fakeSilver in my 3one6 and gave her a thorough three pass shave. It was fabulous. Just like a real Polsilver. Super sharp and smooth. Got a bbs, which doesn’t happen every day for me. So what do you think? Fake? Does it matter? Would you use them?

F11E1F9D-E073-4C97-9FDF-6E875C2AC770.jpeg

They certainly don't look right but if they are great why not use them? It seems unlikely to me that someone would use excellent blades to fake a known brand. Maybe they were just badly etched at the factory but released because they were still good blades. Just my thoughts is all.

Less face it if you bought fake blades that were excellent you would be on a winner. Just use them and keep us informed if you start finding duds among them.

Thanks to all you enablers in this RBAS inducing thread :wink2:
I checked out a Wizamet SI from my blade stash which I hadn't used in years. And indeed it gives a more pleasant shave than the cheaper Personna Lab blue (100ct packs). So I ordered two 250ct packs from Wizashave a few days ago. :thumbup:

A search first let me to a seller on ebay offering 250 ct as per headline and in the fine print it turned out to be just 100. So be careful to watch out for the actual amount in your cart.

I will let you know once the delivery from Wizashave has arrived.
Shave on.

That happened to me, too. The headline CLEARLY said "250 blades" and then the order confirmation said 100. When I checked, I discovered that in fine print it indeed said 100, buried in the item description.

The thing to note here is that that seller is the top source of Wizamets on eBay for a lot of people here.

I canceled the order, and the next day the seller had pulled that at-best-deceptive listing, but I guess it's back.

Just being helpful,, these blades being sold are legit
No difference in blades but some have different packaging

Reports are same blade as polsilver, but many reporting little smoother sharper
Can someone send /trade me few polsiver to compare ?

Blades are made in Russia

My mini review these blades
These baby’s shave like no other blade I own
My #1 blade at present

Super smooth,, sharp
I tested how many shaves a blade and stopped , shave 5, but felt could have kept going but only quit because I knew I had about 580 blades, and that’s only reason I stopped.

I sent a pack to a forum member who started a thread blade search, as he was looking for a blade since polsivers were hard to find or non existent
I am awaiting his review

Anyone have any news on polsiver blades

Are they discontinued,
Be safe and blessings to everyone during these trying times, but God will bring us through as he promised

^ I can send you a few Polsilvers to compare. Just PM me your address, I'll try to get them out this week (subject to caronavirus panic stuff obviously).

I do believe the Wizamets are the best of the Wizamet/Polsilver collection, or worst case same as modern Polsilver. I have six different versions of the Wiz/Polsilver product line, going all the way back to the brown Polsilver tucks, which were Polish, not Russian, made. Personally, I like the Russian made Wiz much better than any of the other incarnations and am not crazy about the Polish blades, though others like them. The ones from Poland are nowhere near as sharp as the Russian made ones. To me the Wiz is the perfect razor blade.

^ I can send you a few Polsilvers to compare. Just PM me your address, I'll try to get them out this week (subject to caronavirus panic stuff obviously).

I do believe the Wizamets are the best of the Wizamet/Polsilver collection, or worst case same as modern Polsilver. I have six different versions of the Wiz/Polsilver product line, going all the way back to the brown Polsilver tucks, which were Polish, not Russian, made. Personally, I like the Russian made Wiz much better than any of the other incarnations and am not crazy about the Polish blades, though others like them. The ones from Poland are nowhere near as sharp as the Russian made ones. To me the Wiz is the perfect razor blade.

Thanks I will pm you my address , information and thanks, sending me few to try
Thanks you
I will post a review side by side,, shave quality only

Yes this virus stuff crazy wife went to store, shelves empty,, crazy
Blessings

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I like the pure 1982 Polish Wizamets in the plastic tuck that is similar to the feather tuck. Those are crazy sharp, mega smooth, and I’ve been getting about 10 to 12 three pass shaves per blade. The new Russian Wizzies are the best modern blade at the moment in my opinion. Sharp and smooth. Like you, I believe if the they are not the same as modern Polsilvers, then they are so close. Perhaps better, or perhaps only better in the mind.

Anyone willing to sell/trade me a few of these blades to try? Want to make sure I like them before I buy 250 lol. I have plenty of gillette platinum and Astra SP's for trade.

Top Bottom