What's new

Wizamet Super Iridium, real or not?

As previously stated , I ordered from two separate vendors on eBay. Shop-happy-shopping 500 for 90obo ' I got them after tax for 91'and wizaman prices are now 25 obo for 100. The shop happy ones , I have used one all month for head shaves and am still getting great shaves. Different years and packing from each vendor. I posted pics before. Surprised this still is going on lol.

As previously stated , I ordered from two separate vendors on eBay. Shop-happy-shopping 500 for 90obo ' I got them after tax for 91'and wizaman prices are now 25 obo for 100. The shop happy ones , I have used one all month for head shaves and am still getting great shaves. Different years and packing from each vendor. I posted pics before. Surprised this still is going on lol.

Interesting different years and packaging with some saying manufacturing 2019 according to members,, my recent ones received say
So it seems still being produced say for other markets

Is the Russian plant still open, think they were saying brought out by Gillette?

So much mystery with these blades

Blades shipped from morroco added mystery

proxy.php

Blades suddenly appearing ( awesome find)

Polsilver no long in production, ( some day not in production some say still in production
These mysterious blades are amazing sought after gems

Whether in production/ old new stock or not

Awesome blades

Is the Russian plant still open, think they were saying brought out by Gillette?
The rights to mfg under the Polsilver name were bought by Gillette only...
Polsilver no long in production, ( some day not in production some say still in production
These mysterious blades are amazing sought after gems

Whether in production/ old new stock or not
My best guess is there were a few buyers that bought and stockpiled for resale at a later date because of the mfg'g rumors that have been floating around since I started traditional wet shaving back in 2016... That's what it's looking like to me anyway!! Then again there have been some pics posted with 2019 production date so that says its at least being produced in smaller quantities for certain markets, most notably Morocco...

I have ordered 1,250 total blades from Wizashave and another Moroccan vendor (over 3 orders) and all have been, to my knowledge, legit. I have date codes from 2016, 2018 and 2019 depending on the batch I received. These blades are fantastic and I should have a lifetime supply by this point. Wizashave guy has shipped to me the fastest at about two weeks - the other one took five to six and I would not use him again.

No, I say that my maroccan friend said this =) I didn't ask any facts, but that picture from the link is very funny. Anyways, the thread heading says about some doubts.

Just had another shave with these blades ( fresh blade), CG level 2 , ss

Amazing bbs butter sharp smooth shave
Buying more of these as at present these are my #1 blade

I never felt blade this sharp but butter smooth

Of course soap , lathering skill , razor factor in but boy theses blade ms are legit, glad I purchased these,,, wow
proxy.php

Just had another shave with these blades ( fresh blade), CG level 2 , ss

Amazing bbs butter sharp smooth shave
Buying more of these as at present these are my #1 blade

I never felt blade this sharp but butter smooth

Of course soap , lathering skill , razor factor in but boy theses blade ms are legit, glad I purchased these,,, wow
proxy.php

You are well on your way to realizing that you need 1,000 of these.

Interesting facts,,,, so are these, mysterious, controversial, in service/ Not in service history, origin?, blade coated with this super dust,,( to much wine),, wink [emoji6]

iridium noun
irid·i·um | \ ir-ˈid-ē-əm \
Medical Definition of iridium
: a silver-white hard brittle very heavy metallic element of the platinum group used especially in hardening platinum for alloys (as for surgical instruments) —symbol Ir

A guy in my company, who I had zero idea was into traditional shaving, much less being into the esoteric world of DE blades, LOL, received Wizamets from "an eBay seller" a couple weeks ago. Just sent me these pics (some of them blurry). No "Australia" on the packaging. Do I need to break the news he got fakes?

Not all of them have Australia on the package... There were some that were packaged to be sold in Australia was all. They may all be gone now though.

We're going to do a trade. I'll be sending him 20 Polsilver branded blades and he'll be sending me 20 Wizamets.

The Wiz comes in different packages. Some say Australia. I've got Australia and non-Australia tucks and they're all the same. AFAIK there is no reason to doubt the authenticity over this.

It’s been over a month since my Dromashop blades were posted so I opened a dispute on eBay and have received a prompt refund. I’m dubious on whether to buy directly on the wizashave site as I think it’s the same seller.

Top Bottom