What's new

Wizamet Super Iridium, real or not?

Wow,,what are your current blades you use that you can obtain,,( any pics would be helpful, i think I’m hook on blades and best smooth sharp blades to try
Soap razor pairing, technique to factor in

Getting ready to try these blades
Wizinette, super iridium

proxy.php

@R7photo
I use too many blades. Also I am constantly trying new ones. Have tried probably 120+ different and keep buying new ones I have never tried.

I would suggest you buy a sampler pack. Many vendors offer them. Just don't buy a sampler of 8-10 blades. Buy a bigger one. What works for me most probably wouldn't work for you. Too many factors like razor, brush, beard toughness, skin, number of passes, how often you shave etc., etc.

And one more thing: don't go with trends, hypes etc. For example if everyone raves about Nacet blades (or Iridiums in this case), don't think you have to like them or wonder why they don't work for you. Just try a different brand or model.

The Blades,, (first shave)
Sharp butter smooth
Note:
Never tried polsilver, and this forum got me looking at these blades when I could not find polsilver.
I have allegedly two 250 packs inbound( wizashave),
Not received yet,, got these off the bay to simply test them
Wow,, while only my first shave with this blade, wizinette, I am impressed keep thinking this blade has some supernatural power magic, Iridium Super , Extra Stainless, seriously smooth out sharp super iridium
This is my first blade that stressed me out
Are they real? Have We hit blade jackpot?, will wizashave send me the blades I ordered
Ok, ok back to the blades
Amazingly blades, performed flawlessly,still but glad got try to feed my blade addiction till or if my wizashave blades arrive

Karve C plate

Not wizinette, but Wizamet. And this is not the name of the blade, it is the former Polish company that manufactured them, before it got bought by Gillette in the 90s. The blades you bought are "Iridium -Super". Back in the days when the company in Lodz was alive and kicking, the blades were called either Polsilver, or Iridium, never Wizamets. And Iridium and Polsilver were different. The mixing of the Polsilver and Iridium brands was done by P&G around 2009, when they released Polsilver Super Iridium, which is the same blade as the ones you bought.

The reason for the mixing is simple. In Eastern European countries in the 80s the Polsilver was more common. Iridium was upper tier and not available in all shops. So they made the Polsilver Super Iridium in order to have the Polsilver name which was ubiquitously known in Eastern Europe, whereas it is actually a high tier blade, i.e. Iridium brand.

Last edited:
Thank you for the blade history and facts, especially the naming

What the story on polsilver blades

Are they still being manufactured, ?

Someone on forum said yes, but not seeing that many around

Thx

No, currently the Polsilver brand has been discontinued. Whether P&G will revive it, remains up to them. It has always been a brand for Eastern Europe. Now the only P&G blade sold in Eastern Europe is the Gillette Platinum.

No, currently the Polsilver brand has been discontinued. Whether P&G will revive it, remains up to them. It has always been a brand for Eastern Europe. Now the only P&G blade sold in Eastern Europe is the Gillette Platinum.
I would have to disagree with this as we have certainly seen blades with date codes from 2019 popping up more and more lately. Yes, they are branded as Wizamet's, but let's be honest, they are the same blade. I think the Mfg'g is mostly for the Moroccon market but they are certainly in production as limited as it may be and even being packaged for the Australian and US market in Boston...

I would have to disagree with this as we have certainly seen blades with date codes from 2019 popping up more and more lately. Yes, they are branded as Wizamet's, but let's be honest, they are the same blade. I think the Mfg'g is mostly for the Moroccon market but they are certainly in production as limited as it may be and even being packaged for the Australian and US market in Boston...
You didn't quite follow what I wrote. Yes, they are the same blade. But I wrote about the Polsilver brand. There are always 2 sides of a coin. When this very same blade you buy from Morocco was available here in Eastern Europe as Polsilver Super Iridium, it was 5 times cheaper. That's because people here have 5 times lower wages. How does a 5-pack for USD 0.38 sound? That is why I have 500 of them, although they are not my favourite blade.
So indeed, let's be honest. Even if the Iridiums were my favourite blades, I wouldn't buy them at the prices the Moroccan and the French sellers sell them.

Blade performance only?
Same blade but package difference?
Those who shaved with both anything worth noteing
///// pol vs wiz
Also how do these blades compare with other in production blades in the market today

Are these blades ( given the confusion, lack availability etc.. make be sought after gems?

First shave in karve was super smooth sharp
Amazing

Second shave tonite will be sanme blade #2, ( I only recently started using same blade more than once
Gonna load blade new razor, charcoal goodsl2

Still testing theses blades

Thanks all

being packaged for the Australian and US market in Boston...
I'm not sure about the Australian market being anywhere near large enough to require a branding "market" per se.
Our numbers of wetshavers down here is minimal compared to those in North America or Europe/Middle East.
If true, they must know something for sure..

Not wizinette, but Wizamet. And this is not the name of the blade, it is the former Polish company that manufactured them, before it got bought by Gillette in the 90s. The blades you bought are "Iridium -Super". Back in the days when the company in Lodz was alive and kicking, the blades were called either Polsilver, or Iridium, never Wizamets. And Iridium and Polsilver were different. The mixing of the Polsilver and Iridium brands was done by P&G around 2009, when they released Polsilver Super Iridium, which is the same blade as the ones you bought.

The reason for the mixing is simple. In Eastern European countries in the 80s the Polsilver was more common. Iridium was upper tier and not available in all shops. So they made the Polsilver Super Iridium in order to have the Polsilver name which was ubiquitously known in Eastern Europe, whereas it is actually a high tier blade, i.e. Iridium brand.

"Polsilver Super Iridium" name was used for blades made at the Lodz factory. These blades range from 1970's - 1990's:

polsilver 70s 90s.jpg

One thing that is strange - I believe all Russian Gillette blades switched to laser etching rather than ink printing in 2017, yet it seems only Iridum Supers still have ink printing, even in boxes marked 2019. I'm not familiar with the manufacturing process, and it seems unlikely, but is it possible they are old blades that are only being packaged now?

The ink printing is a good question. Although I have noticed some if the pictures people have posted, the ticks that are newer do include the little white razor blade down in the lower right corner, just like the newer Gillette tucks do, ie. new Gillette Platinums.

I'm not sure about the Australian market being anywhere near large enough to require a branding "market" per se.
Our numbers of wetshavers down here is minimal compared to those in North America or Europe/Middle East.
If true, they must know something for sure..
This pic was posted a couple pages back and they are being distributed by P&G Australia was what I meant. They had a date stamp of Nov 2016 but were purchased recently from Dromashop on Ebay.
1582589813933.png

After I looked for P&G Australia in Google maps, it turns out it is there, only the address is not Innovation Place, but Innovation Road.

P&G Australia.png

Top Bottom