What's new

Wizamet Super Iridium, real or not?

Seems like this seller should make a small donation to Badger and Blade LOL

I have to say these blades are probably the best overall blades I own. I use them in my Rockwell on plate 6 and it's just amazing how close and yet drama free the shave is. Just a teensy bit of alum feedback but never bloody.

These are the ones that are identical to the current Polsilvers?
If it is it’s the same one I got from the Bay a few months ago, to me it feels identical to the Polsilver Super Iridium, the difference is when I open the wrapper the number 3 and 4 faces towards the opening.

The Polsilver Super Iridium the numbers 1 and 2 faces towards the opening of the wrapper, at least the ones currently available.

I have some Polsilver Super Iridiums that I bought around 5 years ago and the numbers 3 and 4 faces towards the opening of the wrapper just like the Iridium Super that NOS.

Can anyone confirm if they have a similar case?

Just ordered a 250 blade pack on eBay from the adeelecha guy for $60. Said there’s 9 packs left. Hopefully they’re good to go and shave just like the Polsilvers. I guess if they’re fake it’s a cheap lesson.

Just ordered a 250 blade pack on eBay from the adeelecha guy for $60. Said there’s 9 packs left. Hopefully they’re good to go and shave just like the Polsilvers. I guess if they’re fake it’s a cheap lesson.

No need to worry. I've bought from him. The blades are exactly the same as the Wizablades guy. I just got a new pckg from Wizablades on Friday. These are all legit (and identical) blades.

No need to worry. I've bought from him. The blades are exactly the same as the Wizablades guy. I just got a new pckg from Wizablades on Friday. These are all legit (and identical) blades.

That’s great to hear! I started panicking when I seen Polsilvers are out of stock everywhere. Kinda looking like it’s true that they’ve been discontinued. I may have to order another 250 pack....ya know, just in case.

I jumped on the bandwagon and just ordered two sticks from the Wizashave guy. Good price all things considered.

Thanks to the OP for the link!

-- Carlos

That’s great to hear! I started panicking when I seen Polsilvers are out of stock everywhere. Kinda looking like it’s true that they’ve been discontinued. I may have to order another 250 pack....ya know, just in case.

Yeah, I hear you - I've picked up at least a stick or two more than I'll ever need. They're cool looking and sit nice in my bookcase so, why not? As to your earlier Polsilver comment, it's my opinion that the Iridium Supers are Polsilvers, as in no difference whatsoever beyond the cardboard box.

I do think they're still making the Iridium Supers, though. One of my sticks says 2018 on it, so if it was discontinued, that was very recently.

Yeah, I hear you - I've picked up at least a stick or two more than I'll ever need. They're cool looking and sit nice in my bookcase so, why not? As to your earlier Polsilver comment, it's my opinion that the Iridium Supers are Polsilvers, as in no difference whatsoever beyond the cardboard box.

I do think they're still making the Iridium Supers, though. One of my sticks says 2018 on it, so if it was discontinued, that was very recently.

Would you mind posting a picture showing where that date appears on yours? The two sticks of Wizamet Iridium Supers I have don't have the date anywhere on the outer or inner packaging.

Would you mind posting a picture showing where that date appears on yours? The two sticks of Wizamet Iridium Supers I have don't have the date anywhere on the outer or inner packaging.

Yes please post photos. I have legit Super Iridiums from years back and there is no date codes on the packaging.

These showed up from the Adeleecha0 fella from eBay today. Used one this evening to trim up beard. So far the seem like legit Polsilvers to me. Also got a shipping notice for the 500 Super iridiums I ordered from the Wizashave’s site the OP posted.
F052D3CE-A820-4C0B-8AFD-639958B893EC.jpeg
9436398B-246A-4BF2-BA7D-541F9B6826DA.jpeg
FEBFF4D3-82FC-4E10-8ADA-21551BE046A5.jpeg
F31CB364-D3D8-4521-AA9C-1CCAE33CC32B.jpeg
715D7EDA-080B-4AF7-A4D2-0438D06B475D.jpeg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
My 250 brick from wizashave arrived quite quickly. I ordered a 100 pack off eBay a week before I placed the wizashave order and they are not here yet.

The tucks in the sticks I bought from wizashave lack those date codes printed on the tucks. I suspect this means that the supply wizashave is selling from really is different from the supply adeelachha-0 is selling from on ebay, because they probably started printing those codes on the tucks between whenever those two different lots were produced. The Wizashave lot is probably older. It's fascinating to see something that looks like a 2017 date on Wizamet packaging, since that's several years after the Polsilver Super Iridium packing appeared. Assuming those really are dates codes, then they continued producing the older Wizamet packaging for many years after they started using the Polsilver packaging.

The dried out glue in the wizashave sticks is good news to me. It suggests that those have been in storage for a long time, and that they've been stored in a dry environment. For new old stock blades, that means the edges are going to be in better condition than if they'd been stored somewhere humid. It's consistent with what I've suspected, which is that some distributor bought a pallet of them a long time ago, and they've been sitting in his warehouse in Morocco ever since. Somebody noticed them, realized they were now worth more than the distributor realized, and engaged in some retail arbitrage.

Then again, if the adeelachha-0 blades are less than two years old, maybe they're in better condition than the wizashave blades.

^ correct, based on what I've heard. I chatted with an Etsy seller who I think may be the Wizashave guy and was told that, yep, huuuuuuge quantity of SI's ended up warehoused in Morocco and that is now the source of the global gray market supply. Most likely adeelachha-0 is working off the same inventory. They're probably making a very substantial profit selling them for $50 a stick.

^ correct, based on what I've heard. I chatted with an Etsy seller who I think may be the Wizashave guy and was told that, yep, huuuuuuge quantity of SI's ended up warehoused in Morocco and that is now the source of the global gray market supply. Most likely adeelachha-0 is working off the same inventory. They're probably making a very substantial profit selling them for $50 a stick.

Yes, but the Wizashave tucks don't have date codes printed on them, and the adeelachha-0 tucks do. That suggests they're from different lots produced at different times, and probably not the same stash.

Yes, but the Wizashave tucks don't have date codes printed on them, and the adeelachha-0 tucks do. That suggests they're from different lots produced at different times, and probably not the same stash.

Just checked my wizashave stash....no dates stamped.

Top Bottom