What's new

Wizamet Super Iridium, real or not?

Hard to tell from these shots but I seem to remember from years ago there were fakes on the market and the way to tell if it's legit or not is by the production info on the side of the individual boxes. I haven't used modern blades in many years and I've forgotten exactly what to look for but there are probably people here who do know. Get the smallest lot you can, take a pic of what's written on the side of the box and post it here. You could ask the vendor if he would do that for you but I doubt he'd comply and there are many legitimate reasons why, ....and one not so legit.

Can't tell by those tiny photos. Ask him to send you some close up pictures of every side of a pack of blades. If he refuses, that's a red flag.

I found this site through my fb.
They are selling a lot of these blades, and it's no longer in production?!?!
Can this be fake?
250 Wizamet Super Iridium DE Blades - Made in Russia -

If it's legit, it could be interesting.

Let me say up front that I do not know if the offerer at your link is legit, but I have doubts. What I can do is summarize some recent threads I was involved in where buyers, including me, reported their experiences buying Wizamets. That information might serve as a bit of a reality check for you.

Several of us have picked up 250 blade sticks off a guy on ebay for the same ($50.00) price as at the link you provided. The ebay guy delivered blades with the proper markings and packaging. I was satisfied that they are legit, and I think others were too, except for one guy who cancelled his order and got a refund. At one point, the ebay seller (adeelachha-0) raised his price from $50 to $350, and so far as I know all of us walked. Some of us also got legitimate 100 count Wizamets off ebay from milogciachez. The price was $29 + $7 shipping from Spain. The delivery was fast, and IIRC all milogciachez's customers were satisfied. Mine certainly had the correct markings and packaging, pictures of which were posted by a respected long-time forum member for reference (different forum). I was happy, but I haven't seen milogciachez selling Wizamets lately.

There is one thing that would concern me. My understanding is that genuine Wizamets all come from Petersburg Products International (PPI), specifically from a plant that Gillette opened in Russia. If my understanding is still correct, then why would Gillette need a storefront named "Wizashave" when they have what may be the best shave product distribution system already set up?

Good luck. Please let us know how it goes if you buy from them.

Ok I went on their Instagram and got a closer look. At least 1 photo in his pictures are FAKE!!! The rest are so blurry you cant make anything out... I have legit Iridiums from 7+ years ago. Very risky....

I'm with all of you guys, if it looks too good to be true...
This Company, Wizashave, must have come over a huge stock of blades if they can sell that many despite the blade is no longer being produced.
I Think I better let this one go

got mine & 100% satisfied !
smooth & sharp

I like the dog eared opening caps...certainly looks like these blades are old stock.

@Arthur Melo which country are these blades shipped from?

Some digging reveals that the company selling these is listed as Mogador Business, which leads me to believe that it is in, or has links with....Morocco.
This squares off with some accounts Ive heard that a large stash of these blades
have found their way to Morocco. And reports are that this adeelachha character had access to the same stock. Lot of people have been satisfied with their purchase from him altho he seems to take his own sweet time shipping and
offers 50 free blades for the inconvenience. I am going to take one for the team
as Im running out of my pol silvers.

Last edited:
Actually I took two for the team...I have full confidence in Paypal
protecting me in case something is not right, but I doubt there will be.

There are far more lucrative things than traditional DE blades if you want to be in the knock-off business.

The account "Arthur Melo" has been opened on Saturday and the only two posts are in this thread with no actual photographic evidence.
I think a bit of skepticism is in order.

The account "Arthur Melo" has been opened on Saturday and the only two posts are in this thread with no actual photographic evidence.
I think a bit of skepticism is in order.

maybe...maybe not...since you've brought the charges, the onus of proving them lies on you.
since yesterday they have sold 2,500 blades....10 packs.
Paypal protection is second to none so I don't worry.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Actually I took two for the team...I have full confidence in Paypal
protecting me in case something is not right, but I doubt there will be.

There are far more lucrative things than traditional DE blades if you want to be in the knock-off business.
Please be sure to let "the team" know how you fare with them! I'm going to be waiting anxiously, as the one I was given a while back was superb.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
This personally seems a bit fishy to me, but this is just a gut feeling.
If you decide to buy, perhaps you should first purchase a limited quantity.

Top Bottom