What's new

Wizamet Super Iridium, real or not?

Just placed an order from dromoshop as others would not ship to me. 185$ for 2000 blades shipped was too good to resist. Thanks gents! Now the wait.. hope they are the real deal.

Well ... common sense would tell you, if it souds too good to be true, then it probably is. ;)
"Original Arabic version" ?? Good luck with your bargain order and let us know if you get the real blades ... and not some bazaar blades, like some bazaar Rolex or bazaar Gucci leather bag.

Well ... common sense would tell you, if it souds too good to be true, then it probably is. ;)
"Original Arabic version" ?? Good luck with your bargain order and let us know if you get the real blades ... and not some bazaar blades, like some bazaar Rolex or bazaar Gucci leather bag.

I think what they're referring to by "Original Arabic Version" - before disappearing, Iridium Supers were also distributed/available in North Africa. They returned only for distributuion in North Africa, it seems. The newer packaging is largely the same, blades made in Russia, but now also includes Arabic (and French) writing on the box:

Screenshot 2021-07-16 9.22.06 PM.png

1626463055936.png

I think what they're referring to by "Original Arabic Version" - before disappearing, Iridium Supers were also distributed/available in North Africa. They returned only for distributuion in North Africa, it seems. The newer packaging is largely the same, blades made in Russia, but now also includes Arabic (and French) writing on the box:

View attachment 1297744
View attachment 1297739
Good to know. These are the photos the seller send me when I asked what he meant about Arabic version. Date stamp is 2019 thus I assumed newer production. Just got confused when comparing to all the photos I could find online. Is $9.25 per 100 a good price?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    463.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    430.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    565.1 KB · Views: 31

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Good to know. These are the photos the seller send me when I asked what he meant about Arabic version. Date stamp is 2019 thus I assumed newer production. Just got confused when comparing to all the photos I could find online. Is $9.25 per 100 a good price?
Yes, that is a very good price.

I just recieved a 250 tuck from wizashave, they ship out of New York State for those in North America. The blades seem to be on Par with Polsilvers based on the first shave tonight, maybe a tad bit less smooth.

I recently got another 250 pack, the date on the blade box is 31/10/2020. Seems like they are doing a yearly run of Wizamet blades at the PPI plant? Maybe the next batch will start using laser etching instead of ink.

IMG_0928.jpg

Update on my order. Not sure if the seller really sent me the package cause I never got to track it but he tells me he had problems with customs and cannot ship my order. I had to open a dispute with PP to get a refund today. I did place another order with wizashave that was shipped from morocco and those arrived today. Odd that wizashave was able to ship and dromoshop had "problems" shipping.

As for the product, I cant comment yet since I have yet to try them but they look the same as the photos above with 2020 production date. So they are still being produced and not discontinued.

Update on my order. Not sure if the seller really sent me the package cause I never got to track it but he tells me he had problems with customs and cannot ship my order. I had to open a dispute with PP to get a refund today. I did place another order with wizashave that was shipped from morocco and those arrived today. Odd that wizashave was able to ship and dromoshop had "problems" shipping.

As for the product, I cant comment yet since I have yet to try them but they look the same as the photos above with 2020 production date. So they are still being produced and not discontinued.
I love the blades that I have received from Wizashave. They are one of my very favorite blades. In fact I started a new Wizamet in my Wolfman razor today. The shave was great!

I have ordered from Wizashave (250 pack) and had zero problems, and reasonably fast delivery in the US. The blades are nearly the same as my 2016 Polsilvers...both sharp and smooth. Shaving side by side with identical razors...it is hard to tell the difference. IMHO, the Wizamets are 99% of the original Polsilver blades (PPI Russia) performance.

How is wizablades website to purchase these ? Trusted enough ?

I’ve ordered a 250 pack from Wizablades about a year ago, maybe a bit longer.
It was during first Covid wave, I believe, so it took quite a while for the package to arrive, as all mail was delayed at the time. The blades were exactly the same as the ones from Wizashave (already had a pack from there), no issues.
But I remember reading some posts on another forum back then, with quite a few people who had ordered from Wizablades and hadn’t received them after long waits, and were complaining about poor communication, no replies to their emails, etc
So not sure if I was just lucky, or whether the issues mentioned back then are now sorted…

Wizablades site is now not accepting payments? Any idea what this means?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payment gateway isn't setup to test orders. This store can't accept real orders or real payments.
PayPal
PayPal

Wizablades site is now not accepting payments? Any idea what this means?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payment gateway isn't setup to test orders. This store can't accept real orders or real payments.
PayPal
PayPal
It means you should order your Wizamet blades from Wizashave. I haven’t heard of anyone having a problem with Wizashave. They might cost more than Wizablade or other vendors but you will get what you ordered.

Buy from wizashave and they're legit.
Just got 250 in. All good. They're polsilver essentially. I have some info on that theory but don't wish to bore anyone with it. But from my understanding, polsilver name was let go in favor of wizamet. Supposedly same blade, made in same machines but it was cost cutting measure to consolidate and only make one set of packaging.

Top Bottom