What's new

Wizamet - discontinued or not?

Hello shavers!

I searched for the wizamet super iridium blades on eBay and found a seller that has the si blades with date stamp 13/10/19.
Wasn’t these blades discontinued way before that date? The package and blade printing don’t look quite like my si blades and package that I have. Plus the eBay ones has Arabic letter on the backside.

What do you think?
Here’s pics of my si:
E090D43C-E018-47FD-A6D4-DF0563B7D351.jpeg
BAC6E280-DEDA-4194-9DBB-6F8379EAF331.jpeg
4090C5B6-5C62-4704-BE53-53A0F98581C9.jpeg
8BEBFBF7-E696-44AE-8D96-6A0F6F27C465.jpeg

And here’s the newer ones on eBay:
9E4365B9-207E-4358-9972-1D63EE836D2D.jpeg
2BA143E0-7FD9-476F-AB82-8CEEFCB6F4CD.jpeg
806DAFF3-8E35-4BE5-8AD5-C01CEAB12B30.jpeg

I shaved with the first pic version yesterday and they are dated 2017, I have the others as well and will do a shave with them in the next couple days to compare. The latter pics that match my newer ones are dated 2019, the seller I got them from had, I think, the older version shown in their pic. Others have said they are real.

Yes. I think it’s weird that they put Arabic letters on the backside if they are made in Russia.
It's really not, I have many tucks of Nacet blades that were made in Russia originally for sale in the Middle East (Jordan) with Arabic writing. The manufacturer prints in the language that people use where they are sold, as well as English, since that is widely understood, also.

Reactions: abj
Looks like they were never discontinued after all, just minor stops between production runs. The new date code ones photos are in line with Gillette's other Russian blades packaging refresh that I've seen lately but the odd thing is they aren't laser etched...

Interesting!

I have some NOS from Poland that are great blades! Nice to see that these are still in production.

It's really not, I have many tucks of Nacet blades that were made in Russia originally for sale in the Middle East (Jordan) with Arabic writing. The manufacturer prints in the language that people use where they are sold, as well as English, since that is widely understood, also.

That's the truth. These blades are being sold out of Morocco. They speak and write in Arabic there.

I'll probably always wonder why PPI / P&G chose to bring the Wizamet name to this market. I can't imagine they would have been familiar with it there, since it was originally a product of Poland. Mysteries.

I'd love to try some of these blades in the future. I use Polsilver 90% of the time and it appears the stamping on the blade itself is identical to Wizamet.

Top Bottom