What's new

Wizamet Blade Review

Earlier today I completed my seventh shave with the same Wizamet Blade. This my second blade review. I have what I refer to as DE Blade ADD so I typically shave with a different blade everyday. I've recently started to wonder that if I only had one blade then which one would I pick.
In order to answer this I consider the following:
1) Quality
2) Performance
3) Longevity
4) Cost

Cost is interesting in that DE Blades are so much cheaper when compared to cartridges. That said DE Blades vary in price. On the top end I've paid $50 cad for 100 Feathers while only $8 cad for the same amount of Rapira Super Stainless blades. If I use one blade per week then my total annual spend on blades would be approximately between $4.00 and $25.00. In this context even the most expensive DE Blades are a super cheap option when compared to cartridges.

Shaving Methodology:

Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
Face WTG-XTG-ATG I do use a DE razor to shave my throat and cheeks daily.
Head WTG:XTG-ATG

I'm really happy with the results. All shaves let my skin feeling good with no nicks or irritation. No issues obtaining a BBS finish. Wizamets are good blades. I would have no issues if this were my everyday blade.

Blades reviewed so far, starting with most recent:
Wizamet
Feather

awk_m4

IMG_8409.jpg

I discovered these recently when someone very generously stuck a pack in a PIF. Even though I have a very healthy supply of my favorite blade, I just had to get a 250 box of Wizzes.
I have 249 blades left and went out and bought another 500 which are currently in transit. If I stick with Wizzies (of course I won't lol) and use one blade per week then I have enough to last me almost 14.5 years! How's that for context? :)

awk_m4

The reason I love Wizzies is they have combined the job of 3 blades I used for the past few years

They have the sharpness comparable to Feathers (a step below)

They have the smoothness of Voskhods (I will still bust a Voskhie out if I'm Shaving on minimal growth)

They have the Longevity of a Nacet without that first day bite

I don't want to be flagged for fanboyism but they are the perfect Blade for me. Gillette Platinums also deliver a similar performance imho so if anyone who can't get their hands on Wizamet can try Platinum too

The reason I love Wizzies is they have combined the job of 3 blades I used for the past few years

(I will still bust a Voskhie out if I'm Shaving on minimal growth)
Thank you for sharing your insight. I've reviewed two different blades and I'm really happy with both. I established a baseline by reviewing the Feather and the only difference I found is that the Wizzies felt slightly smoother going against the grain. Since I shave daily I'm wondering if any blade will standout. Thinking about this in mathematical terms I'm expecting them all to be super close as far as Standard Deviation is concerned. It's a fun experiment for sure.

lasta

Blade Biter

They have the smoothness of Voskhods (I will still bust a Voskhie out if I'm Shaving on minimal growth)

I don't want to be flagged for fanboyism but they are the perfect Blade for me. Gillette Platinums also deliver a similar performance imho so if anyone who can't get their hands on Wizamet can try Platinum too

+1, I'll add GSB to the list too. Wizamets, Platinum, GSB. Can't tell the difference unless I'm looking for it. But I'm a Russian mole convert, so take that with a grain of salt.

Yeah watch out. If they think you are a fanboy they will rip you a new one!!

If the old Polsilver SI are really the same as the Wizamets, then that's great. Polsilver SI used to be my go-to blade ever since I started shaving with a DE razor, but around a year ago i've tried Nacet and things have changed. I also think that Perma-Sharp is also very similar to Polsilver and it's also a very good blade.

What I don't like about Wizamets is that people from the Arab countries are buying them locally possibly from the main distributor and then they are selling them for at least 5 times more. The same thing happened with Polsilver SI a while ago in Eastern Europe - 100 blades were going for around $6, but people were selling them for over $20 with ease and now for even more.

Reactions: Kix

Gillette Platinums used to be my go-to blade, but then I discovered Perma-Sharp Supers and Wizamets. The Platinums are a little rough around the edges. Permasharp and Wizamet are both right up there with Feather in terms of sharpness, but they have that GSB smoothness you don't see in too many blades this sharp

I’m just a few months back into DE shaving and am working my way through about 30 tucks of different brands, to find what I like best. Just loaded a Wizamet yesterday and wow, the best yet. Did a second shave today and just as good. Up to this point it was a close call between Bolanzo and Personna Comfort Coated for my favorite blade so far, but this has them both beat. Despite having enough blades for a years shaving, I’m tempted to go out and buy a hundred or so.

Top Bottom