What's new

Witch Hazel

Every time I see posts like this I think: It has a smell? I've used Dickinsons so long I can't even smell it any more. Ignore the smell at first, you'll get used to it. It doesn't last but a few seconds and it will help with any irritation or nicks. I use it after shaves, after showers and after I wash up before bed.

I tried Dickinson's today, and I found the scent very mild, almost unnoticeable - and I have a really sensitive sense of smell.

Hi guys, tried a qucik search but didn't find the answer...
Is there a difference between (for example) Thayers WH Astringent and Thayers WH Toner?

If so, could someone explain?

I called Thayers and they said that their Astringent has alcohol and their Toner is alcohol free. I had been confused too.

I m living in Belgium and the witch hazel I could find here is a so called "distillat" it contains only 3% of witch hazel....
Is it ok?
What s the % you have in Thayer s or others ?
I could not find it on the net...

Thanks

Tam

I use Thayer's Superhazel twice a day and have had zero issues with it, it works well for me and I love the peppermint smell.

i used to use thayers but now use a superior product, which is more natural as well

This is it

Seems like a product that would work, but all I could find was that it is $14 for... how many ounces? I think it says 3.5 oz., so it's going for $4 an ounce.

Other products that look good (that have WH) are:

Nancy Boy Balancing Toner: Runs for $21 at 8 oz., so $2.63 an ounce. Looks like similar ingredients to the toner Talal posted, but a better known name. Also, since almost anyone and everyone can be part of the Nancy Boy Club free for discounts, the actual price comes down to $17.85, so per oz. it is $2.23. Also also, they have one for acne fighting, if that's something that the oilier faced blokes are looking into. Also also also, they make travel sized ones, making the jump easier.
http://www.nancyboy.com/Balancing-Facial-Toner-23p30.htm

Thayer's Alcohol-Free Unscented Toner: Basically, this looks like it was made for the sensitive and dry skinned. Ingredient list is short and easy to understand, both in pronounciation and understanding ingredient benefits. It even comes in cucumber (cucumber extract), and both are fragrance free, paraben free, and hypoallergenic. According to Thayer's site, the elixer runs $9.95 for 12 oz., running around $0.83 an ounce. You can probably find it cheaper else wears, so it can be even more sought after.
http://www.thayers.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=31

If there are any other good looking toners out there, being alcohol free and whatnot, I'll be on the lookout and will add more if I can.

Last edited:

Nancy Boy Balancing Toner:
....Also also, they have one for acne fighting, if that's something that the oilier faced blokes are looking into.

Thayer's Alcohol-Free Unscented Toner: Basically, this looks like it was made for the sensitive and dry skinned. Ingredient list is short and easy to understand, both in pronounciation and understanding ingredient benefits. It even comes in cucumber (cucumber extract), and both are fragrance free, paraben free, and hypoallergenic.

I have both the Nancy Boy Clarifying Toner (the one for oily skn) and the Thayer's cucumber. Both are excellent products. The Thayers non-alcohol toner has no ingredients that I consider "unnatural" and it's an excellent value. I use it after every shave. I use the Nancy boy more for cleansing, especially in areas where I have an acne breakout.

Nick

Seems like a product that would work, but all I could find was that it is $14 for... how many ounces? I think it says 3.5 oz., so it's going for $4 an ounce.

Nancy Boy Balancing Toner: Runs for $21 at 8 oz., so $2.63 an ounce. Looks like similar ingredients to the toner Talal posted, but a better known name. Also, since almost anyone and everyone can be part of the Nancy Boy Club free for discounts, the actual price comes down to $17.85, so per oz. it is $2.23. Also also, they have one for acne fighting, if that's something that the oilier faced blokes are looking into. Also also also, they make travel sized ones, making the jump easier.
http://www.nancyboy.com/Balancing-Facial-Toner-23p30.htm

Thayer's Alcohol-Free Unscented Toner: Basically, this looks like it was made for the sensitive and dry skinned. Ingredient list is short and easy to understand, both in pronounciation and understanding ingredient benefits. It even comes in cucumber (cucumber extract), and both are fragrance free, paraben free, and hypoallergenic. According to Thayer's site, the elixer runs $9.95 for 12 oz., running around $0.83 an ounce. You can probably find it cheaper else wears, so it can be even more sought after.
http://www.thayers.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=31

If there are any other good looking toners out there, being alcohol free and whatnot, I'll be on the lookout and will add more if I can.

a bit costly yes but the ingrediants are QUALITY , trust me my wife and i fight over the bottle.. the orange blossom flower water which is the primary ingrediant, is nothing short of incredible... ive never smelled anything like it..

Top Bottom