What's new

Witch Hazel in bulk

Came across this at the local hardware store.
Your average bottle of Witch Hazel runs $3.50 for 16oz, and lasts me about 2 months.
Bulk Gallon runs $18 for 128oz.
Costs about 2/3 the price in bulk, and will last me through the shave-ocolypse :001_tongu

proxy.php

FYI, this was in the "Horse Care" section. I've seen it online, but shipping costs made this unreasonable.

16 oz of generic Witch Hazel costs $1.52 at Walmart and $1.60 at Dollar General. That's 10 cents or less per ounce.
Buying your bottle costs 14 cents an ounce.

So it is still cheaper in smaller quantities.

The other question is how's the quality. I know the store brand stuff is way watered down.

The bottle I have in my hand from Dollar General a 16 oz. bottle of Witch Hazel that states on the back lable
Active Ingredient----Witch Hazel 86%
Inactive Ingredient--Alcohol 14%
By Volume

My Cost $1.60

Doesn't sound watered down to me.

BTW I also add 2 teaspoons of powdered Alum from the spice section of our grocery to the pint of Witch Hazel.

FYI, this was in the "Horse Care" section. I've seen it online, but shipping costs made this unreasonable.

Nothing wrong with that, many many items and meds are the same as what's available for human uses.

Also, remember shaving brushes are made from animal hair, some even from horses.

Was the "equine" witch hazel diluted with alcohol? It would also interesting to find what constitutes witch hazel. The Dickenson brand is smoother than the generic.

The bottle I have in my hand from Dollar General a 16 oz. bottle of Witch Hazel that states on the back lable
Active Ingredient----Witch Hazel 86%
Inactive Ingredient--Alcohol 14%
By Volume

My Cost $1.60

Doesn't sound watered down to me.

BTW I also add 2 teaspoons of powdered Alum from the spice section of our grocery to the pint of Witch Hazel.

My witch hazel has aloe and doesn't have alcohol. Much pricier. Anyone seen bulk cheap witch hazel that is alcohol free?

Top Bottom