What's new

Witch Hazel After shave ..... even if you didn't shave ?

I am a regular "evening shaver," and have several favorite routines with different wonderful soaps, creams, brushes, razors, blades, after shave splashes, and after shave balms.
But I just discovered an entirely "new thing" which is making my face feel pretty amazing !
On those evenings where I am not shaving (Fridays and Saturdays, since I am not seeing patients on Saturdays and Sundays), I have started applying Thayer's Lavender Witch Hazel after my evening face wash, before going to bed. Strictly as a "face tonic," and not as an "after shave," the witch hazel splash is making my face feel wonderful ! Just something I wanted to share with you guys. Especially as we approach our Northeast USA winter .... very nice !

Last edited:
Sounds great!

I’ve been using Thayers original witch hazel astringent every night before bed after a face wash. Works well for me too. I shave in the mornings.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
One thing that B&B has taught me is witch Hazel is used a lot and I have incorporated it in a lot of my aftershaves. I really like the Thayers medicated W.H and it contains alcohol in around 16% and that is good for a aftershave and extends good shelf life IMO. My skin also likes it a lot and have no issues at all with this elixir.

I use Thayers the same way. Wash face and then slap on Thayers Lavender or Rose. Usually add a little face moisturizer after it dries if i need it.

I am a regular "evening shaver," and have several favorite routines with different wonderful soaps, creams, brushes, razors, blades, after shave splashes, and after shave balms.
But I just discovered an entirely "new thing" which is making my face feel pretty amazing !
On those evenings where I am not shaving (Fridays and Saturdays, since I am not seeing patients on Saturdays and Sundays), I have started applying Thayer's Lavender Witch Hazel after my evening face wash, before going to bed. Strictly as a "face tonic," and not as an "after shave," the witch hazel splash is making my face feel wonderful ! Just something I wanted to share with you guys. Especially as we approach our Northeast USA winter .... very nice !
Yes, I use Witch Hazel or even better, Lucky Tiger often just as a refreshing splash to revivify the skin and freshen my day.

That's great to know. I generally shave every day, but on days I don't, I'll start using my Thayers for a face tonic splash. Thanks!

I use Thayers Unscented after every face washing usually twice a day. I will never stray from this routine. It has really changed the quality of my skin, goes on like water, no residue, completely scent less.

I use Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel,...which comes with an added boost of eucalyptus, menthol, and camphor.....it's a deep cleansing astringent, kinda like Sea Breeze facial cleanser. i've used it as aftershave, face cleaner, heat-rash wipes for the kiddo, dabbing mosquito bites and cuts and scrapes...it's great stuff.

For years I've been scrubbing my face before bed with Thayers Rose on a quality cotton round.

It really does help your complection.

I've used Dickinson's to clean my face for years.

I'd never even heard of using witch hazel as an aftershave until here. Gave Thayer's (since it's alcohol free) a try before a regular aftershave and it really cuts down on the burn from an alcohol based one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom