Prewar fat handle tech
Postwar contract tech
Postwar NDC fat handle tech
Postwar ball end tech
Postwar Z1 (1954) ball end tech
Postwar Z3 (1954) ball end tech
My 2 favorites are the prewar ball end and the postwar contract tech

Wow, that's a cool collection!!

A Tech (I have 2 now, both postwar and fat-handled) is my regular razor for a 24-hour shave. Loaded with the infamously sharp Feather or almost any blade, the mild razor provides a terrific shave. Yes, I use it on 36- and 48-hour beards too. But a quick one-to-two pass shave with a Tech is great when you're short on time: You achieve a smooth clean face without any difficulty.

Ugh. The razor supposedly was shipped a week ago, but the status on the USPS website hasn't been updated from "PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM" since then. The seller says it was shipped the day I ordered it, so hopefully it's moving but just hasn't been updated. I'm not optimistic, though... :c17:

• Sad
Reactions: bjm
Ugh. The razor supposedly was shipped a week ago, but the status on the USPS website hasn't been updated from "PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM" since then. The seller says it was shipped the day I ordered it, so hopefully it's moving but just hasn't been updated. I'm not optimistic, though... :c17:
I feel your pain; I have a package that has been in "Acceptance Pending" status since the 9th of December.

I have 2 packages that were moving through the system and then just stopped and have not had any updates since Dec 4th ...

I know they have a lot of mail at this time of the year, however, I received something from Alaska two days ago that was shipped last week. So I'm not sure whats going on.

Had that happen to me before. Sometimes it takes them awhile to start updating it

I feel your pain; I have a package that has been in "Acceptance Pending" status since the 9th of December.
This one kept me up a bit last night and has weighed heavily on my mind this morning. Maybe I'm being too hard on myself, maybe not. I complained about the status of a mailed package not having been updated. The package in question is not a prescription refill, nor is it a paycheck; it is just shaving gear that I can honestly live without. I would be disappointed if it never arrived, but I would be okay. I have my health and my family is safe; I must keep things in perspective. It's just stuff. Be well and stay safe...

I just a got an update on one of the packages that hasn't been updated since Dec 4 - its now in the main distribution center of the area I live in. Hopefully it should arrive in the next few days. No update on the other one though :(

I would just wait it out.

I just a got an update on one of the packages that hasn't been updated since Dec 4 - its now in the main distribution center of the area I live in. Hopefully it should arrive in the next few days. No update on the other one though :(

I would just wait it out.

That's encouraging!

So, it's been almost two weeks since I bought the razor, and the shipping status STILL reads

Screenshot from 2020-12-22 07-05-22.png

It's not that it hasn't moved, it's like the Post Office never received it. How long should I go, do you think, before asking for a refund?

I feel your pain, as after joining the wet shaving hobby, I've ordered more international products that ever before.
I've yet to receive the product ordered after the November GRUME end, it's entered into the " destination country " since 11/12/2020.
I have to open the mail and keep checking for any update every few days.
Order from Italian Barber was sitting in my city's parcel office for 14 days +total 36 days to deliver) and I had to personally go and ask for it.
The postal service everywhere is overworked and by the time I receive my orders, all the hype has died down.

Obviously, this is a really busy time for mail delivery services. I am in no position to suggest to you how long you should wait before asking for a refund. But I will tell you I sent a package earlier this year with tracking; the package status indicated it was still in possession of the post office a month after it had been delivered. Sometimes the tracking system doesn't work as expected.

The one and only status update of the package I'm currently waiting for has shown "Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending" since the 9th of December; I personally plan to wait until at least next week to contact the vendor and/or the post office. I may even wait until the 9th of January to be able to say "it's been a full month since the last update" when I make the phone call.

Funny story... a few weeks ago I was waiting for a package to be delivered. The next message after the "out for delivery" update was something to the effect of "package refused by customer and held at post office" which was strange because my wife happened to be outside and saw the delivery truck drive by our house. I called the post office to find out what time the truck would return so I could pick up my package in person. I went to the post office later that day and was told the package was delivered to the wrong address and would be delivered to me the following day. I didn't get upset; I thanked the person behind the counter for the assistance and left the post office. When I got home a few minutes later, the package was on my front porch. Sometimes things work out even when they don't go as planned :)

Last edited:
Assuming that status is correct, might want to double check with the seller that they did indeed drop it off. If they did, I would give a little more time (like a week or so) then ask the seller to do a missing mail search.

I bought a razor from a forum member and the USPS tracking kept saying waiting for pick up until it changed to out for delivery the day it arrived. This was months ago. USPS tracking isn't reliable. Then again I bought some blades from Wizashave Saturday the 12'th and Friday the 18'th I wrote to them asking about the status as the post office said waiting to receive. WS wrote back that they were really busy from Black Friday etc. Anyhow the USPS updated yesterday the package had been picked up. Of course who knows what kind of customs limbo overseas packages sometimes go into. My October 16 order from the Razor Blade Club still says preparing for shipment. I was refunded a couple of weeks ago but I am interested to see if those blades ever show up.

Reactions: bjm
I think I have (without even realizing it before now) started using the USPS tracking as a reminder of what I have coming and an indicator of when stuff is expected to arrive as opposed to when it will arrive. I've been engaged in quite a bit of retail therapy since March, so I tend to forget what I ordered and when. I truly appreciate the USPS and the service they provide especially during the last nine months and now the holiday season. I don't visit the post office very often, but when I do I try to make eye contact with the person behind the counter and sincerely thank them and their co-workers for all they do. And to all of you reading this, be well and stay safe...

Top Bottom