What's new

Wish Me Luck

I'm on call tonight at the hospital, but will be traveling tomorrow so that, on Thursday and Friday, I can take my final licensing exam to get my unrestricted medical license. The test is 8 hours per day for two days...should be a nice test to my concentration, especially since I still feel like I'm living on Jamaican time.

Hi Todd,

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and wish you luck...:wink: :wink:
You will get it.

Regards from Germany

Thomas

Good luck--

As someone who has taken and fortunately passed similar tests, a few pieces of advice.

Don't study hard now--it's too late. Just a bit of easy review to build confidence, rent a movie tonight, go to bed early. Eat. Clean up in AM with a good shave (that always helps).

Do not bring study materials to test to look at in between test sessions. Waste of time. Relax during your down time. Performance is important. Unless I am wrong the test sections are 2 or 2.5 hours so focus will be hard enough.

Don't expect to know all the answers. If you know the answer--gravy--answer it and move on. If not eliminate as many choices as possible and your best guess is probably percentage wise good enough for you to pass. If you can eliminate all but two choices and make a best guess--consider that a success. If you know the answer and its option B, don't even read C,D,E--they're called distractors for a reason.

Don't try to second guess test writers, just answer the question with what you know to be right--don't think that "well A is right but I suspect they want me to answer C."

Do not skip questions just move on down the line. If you clueless, guess and move on.

Don't redo test with extra time. You'll probably change more correct answers than fix wrong ones and the extra rest time by turning the paper in early will result in better scores anyways.

Don't discuss correct answers or look things over right after the test--that's poor form.

Good luck, it's exhausting--especially the 6 to 12 week wait to get the darn score--they do that just to pour salt in the wounds.

MJB

guenron said:
While I am confident that it is unnecessary..[/SIZE]
Well, I hope you are right as my week of Jamaica has left me minimal preparation time. That said, most of my comrades have said that our time here at Baptist Hospital has prepared us well.

MJB,
Thanks for the advice. I have had to endure the first two parts of the test (Step 1 and 2) during medical school and now is Step 3. The part I'm not looking forward to is two days of testing...the previous exams were only one day long.
In regards to a good night's rest, I hope so. Lately, my calls have been quite horrific...loaded with admissions from the ER as well as numerous codes. Maybe tonight will bring better luck.

Thanks you guys! Will check back in this weekend.

MJB said:
Good luck--

As someone who has taken and fortunately passed similar tests, a few pieces of advice.

Don't study hard now--it's too late. Just a bit of easy review to build confidence, rent a movie tonight, go to bed early. Eat. Clean up in AM with a good shave (that always helps).

Do not bring study materials to test to look at in between test sessions. Waste of time. Relax during your down time. Performance is important. Unless I am wrong the test sections are 2 or 2.5 hours so focus will be hard enough.

Don't expect to know all the answers. If you know the answer--gravy--answer it and move on. If not eliminate as many choices as possible and your best guess is probably percentage wise good enough for you to pass. If you can eliminate all but two choices and make a best guess--consider that a success. If you know the answer and its option B, don't even read C,D,E--they're called distractors for a reason.

Don't try to second guess test writers, just answer the question with what you know to be right--don't think that "well A is right but I suspect they want me to answer C."

Do not skip questions just move on down the line. If you clueless, guess and move on.

Don't redo test with extra time. You'll probably change more correct answers than fix wrong ones and the extra rest time by turning the paper in early will result in better scores anyways.

Don't discuss correct answers or look things over right after the test--that's poor form.

Good luck, it's exhausting--especially the 6 to 12 week wait to get the darn score--they do that just to pour salt in the wounds.

MJB

Absolutely! Could not have said it better. And if you go over anything tonight look at the stuff you don't know very well & not the stuff you do. We all like to review the things we know but that's just redundant.

Good luck!

mark the shoeshine boy said:
....yet ???

good luck

:thumbup:

mark the shoehsine boy

Oh, I'm a doctor, I just can't practice completely on my own...can't prescribe certain medications on my own.

:tongue_sm i need a rush limbaugh prescription....

i always liked Rush Limbaugh, and now I know why he is HARD on some of his views....

:lol:

I'll laugh at my own jokes if no one else will....:001_smile :lol:

I won't say "good luck," as it is considered bad form in my line of work--so I'll just say "Break a leg!"

You'll do great!

Top Bottom