What's new

Winter Time at Badger and Blade

TheShaun

Bejeweled
great and generous PIF, but count me out for two reasons:

1. i'm very happy with my current wallet
2. i hate winter and clothes that go with it!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Include me please, thanks!

Hang with me. My favorite winter item I've been looking forward to wearing since it started getting cooler here in Texas. It's a simple scarf from Old Navy but it was a Christmas gift last year from my now ex-girlfriend. It excited me so because it's close enough to the Colquhoun clan tartan and I told her that's all I wanted last year. She got me other things anyway. What's bittersweet about it is...after six years of dating (please no flame, I'm about to do it myself) she broke up with me three weeks ago. We have been through everything together, her CF and a double lung transplant, her house burning down, my father finding out he had cancer in 2010, and my grandfather who I was living with and taking care of (though he was healthy right up until the end) until two weeks after Labor Day when he passed. She gave me the trite lines of "it's not you, it's me" and that I didn't do anything wrong, but I did. I didn't work hard enough to at the very least to propose to her. I'm still in college, most of it being paid by me, as I go but I could have acquired a second job to at least start to save up but I didn't. I started looking for a part time job yesterday. There are a lot of things I did wrong but I'm not mad at her. I don't blame her. I need to man up. I love her to death and maybe one day the Man upstairs will see fit to put us back together. However, that is my absolute favorite winter item. Wore the heck out of it last year and I'm going to do the same this year. Thank you everybody. :)

[BILLCOSBY] That would make one hell of a Christmas card to her. Maybe it works and maybe it doesn't, but at least you know you left it on the line, and she can make her future decisions knowing that you have had an awakening. [/BILLCOSBY]

I am not sure, but I think this qualifies - every time I dig out and wear my Navy issue peacoat it brings back memories of my youth and travels.

Last edited:
I'm in. When I was just a boy, about 7 years old my grandfather gave me a hat. It was his dress cap from the air force when he was enlisted in the 40's & early 50's. He attached a medal to it of the virgin mary for luck, which I still have on there. He was a very religious guy who never missed a mass. Hard to make out in the picture as it's very shiny because I polish it about once a month and keep it on a shelf.
$IMG_0160.jpg

Mine has to be a sweater (still have it!!) that I bought in 1991(?), J Crew ordered via a catalog. Turtleneck, heavy wool, it's beat now, but i still rock it on good cold days!!! :)

what was ur favorite place that you went when younger?

I made 3 WestPacs and got to live in Japan for a year. I truely enjoyed Japan and have most fond memories from there - I was young and several of the places I went .... lets just say I was young and had many distractions at the time - I would love to revisit many of the places I have been, but with a more mature eye to the sights, sounds and histories. So to answer your question I would rank Japan as my favorite, followed by Diego Garcia - B.I.O.T. (believe it or not for those who have been there too), Phillipines, Korea - least favorite - Adak Alaska

I made 3 WestPacs and got to live in Japan for a year. I truely enjoyed Japan and have most fond memories from there - I was young and several of the places I went .... lets just say I was young and had many distractions at the time - I would love to revisit many of the places I have been, but with a more mature eye to the sights, sounds and histories. So to answer your question I would rank Japan as my favorite, followed by Diego Garcia - B.I.O.T. (believe it or not for those who have been there too), Phillipines, Korea - least favorite - Adak Alaska

I too love japan. One of my favorite places in the world. Too bad I've only visited a couple of times and never more than for a week.

I too love japan. One of my favorite places in the world. Too bad I've only visited a couple of times and never more than for a week.
I have been blessed, my father served in/and retired from the USAF - I traveled a lot, like many military brats. I lived in Texas, Colorado, Illinois, Virginia and Portugal. Then add in my time in the military - I have enjoyed many travels, many places and many people. Sorry, to get off topic - but it sorta fits with my previous reply.

Great PIF. The sentimental item in my closet is the LL Bean Down coat my daughter bought for me. First thing I reach for when it starts to get cold. Count me in.

I'm in, great PIF, and full of great stories. My favorite cold weather item is a green Pioneer Seed Coat that my grandfather gave me before he passed away. It's from the early 70's and has seen quite a bit of use. My favorite part about it is the Dekalb pocket knife with his name on it that I found in a slightly hidden pocket years later.

I'm in, great PIF, and full of great stories. My favorite cold weather item is a green Pioneer Seed Coat that my grandfather gave me before he passed away. It's from the early 70's and has seen quite a bit of use. My favorite part about it is the Dekalb pocket knife with his name on it that I found in a slightly hidden pocket years later.

ya awesome stories...thanks for sharing so far anyone...

about 12 hours left for anyone who wants to jump in.

after using everyone's first post who was in, and making a second list, the Random number generator dictated that Christopher_Loaf is the winner! PM incoming Chris

Thanks to everyone who participated!

Top Bottom