What's new

Winter shaving tips!

Winter is on its way and its my first year winter with DE shaving.

What are your essential tips for winter shaving?

My two winter suggestions:
#1. Pick slick, moisturizing soaps.
#2. On colder, harsh days finish with a moisturizer for your skin.

Winter is on its way and its my first year winter with DE shaving.

What are your essential tips for winter shaving?
Great question. Same for me!
My two winter suggestions:
#1. Pick slick, moisturizing soaps.
#2. On colder, harsh days finish with a moisturizer for your skin.
What are key ingredients for slick and moisturizing? I'm sure there's a thread about that somewhere.

Use a warmer scented soap or cream.
I think something like a cedarwood or sandalwood based scent is more pleasant in the Winter. Perhaps even a Bay Rum scent, as many of these have a mulled wine-type scent which is a comfort in the colder months.

well as im a cold water shaver as normal I think I will be going to a chilly water shaver . might use some moisturiser like nivea post shave balm but thats about all .

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Depending were you live, I live in Northern Alberta Canada were it gets -40 degrees Fahrenheit in winter months.
Pre-shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap(gentle soap) and then a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area
Post shave : Aftershave with Nivea balm.
Seems to work for myself.

I try to use soaps and creams with excellent post-shave conditioning properties year round. In the winter, if the weather is cold, dry and windy, I will also apply an after shave balm like Nivea. Most of the year, my postshave application is strictly witch hazel.

I also live in a cold climate (New Hampshire). My guess is that the shave itself isn’t the problem; the rest of your (skin-drying, stuck indoors) day is the issue. I am planning to keep moisturized more intentionally.

Top Bottom