What's new

Winter Hats

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I buy my hats here. Everything is custom made, not cheap but good stuff. This is from her website but this is one of my hats.

Attachments

• $IMG_9113-150x150.jpg
    $IMG_9113-150x150.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
My favourite all-purpose winter hat is a Tilley TW2 Classic Winter Hat. I have one in Charcoal.
Made mostly of wool, and has a hint of fedora in its appearance, so it looks classy enough for any occasion.

$tilley-tw2-winter-hat-[2]-603-p.jpg

It has concealed earflaps and (though not shown) a separate smaller flap for your forehead too.

$188855887_tilley-winter-hat-ii.jpg
I gotta have some kind of bill or brim so as to keep falling snow off my glasses.
It's soft enough that you can stuff it into a large jacket pocket, if needed, and it doesn't take long to get it's shape back.

For more active occasions like shoveling or snowshoeing I'll go with a wool Jeep Cap, which my wife bought for me on Amazon. I don't want to sweat up the Tilley.

My favourite all-purpose winter hat is a Tilley TW2 Classic Winter Hat. I have one in Charcoal.
Made mostly of wool, and has a hint of fedora in its appearance, so it looks classy enough for any occasion.

View attachment 717966

It has concealed earflaps and (though not shown) a separate smaller flap for your forehead too.

View attachment 717967
I gotta have some kind of bill or brim so as to keep falling snow off my glasses.
It's soft enough that you can stuff it into a large jacket pocket, if needed, and it doesn't take long to get it's shape back.

For more active occasions like shoveling or snowshoeing I'll go with a wool Jeep Cap, which my wife bought for me on Amazon. I don't want to sweat up the Tilley.

View attachment 717968

Interesting I gotta look that cap up. Thanks and those other hats are nice too.

I'm a fan of the Rothco jeep hat. 100% wool, made in USA, inexpensive (cheap).

$rothco.jpg
EDIT: didn't see previous post. If you don't want to look like Radar, it's available in black.

Last edited:
For a cold snowy winter, I wear a knit watch cap like this: http://a.co/96ZCY9f

For brutal cold I have one like that but in thick wool with a fleece lining. It's very warm and made by Carhartt. Great for skiing or being outdoors all day up in mountains.

For fall/spring I wear a wool duckbill or driving cap like this: http://a.co/gc73SrB
I'm on the lookout for one like this with a long bill but in thicker wool.

Top Bottom