What's new

Winning razor not impressive

Took reciept of one of the last ones, I guess. Looked okay, heavy. No cool bag with it, probably out by now. Otherwise fine packing.

Threw a day old Feather in there and began (MWF and a Duke). Must say I was little underwhelmed. I did three passes plus a touch up- more time than I typically spend - and received a general shave. Nothing doing bbs. I found the spot several times I’m sure, and often I received audible feedback. Once on my chin the feather let me know it wa there (how in that tiny gap I don’t know) but thought I was cut though not.

No winning going on here. Will try again tomorrow.

I bought one for sake of variety. Must admit that this kind of razor with very few blade exposition is not among my favourites.

I also have an Yaqi Tile, same kind of blade exposure. I can get good shaves from it, but it's not among my top 10 razors.

Last edited:
Took reciept of one of the last ones, I guess. Looked okay, heavy. No cool bag with it, probably out by now. Otherwise fine packing.

Threw a day old Feather in there and began (MWF and a Duke). Must say I was little underwhelmed. I did three passes plus a touch up- more time than I typically spend - and received a general shave. Nothing doing bbs. I found the spot several times I’m sure, and often I received audible feedback. Once on my chin the feather let me know it wa there (how in that tiny gap I don’t know) but thought I was cut though not.

Hi
If you decide you would like to sell the Winning I would be interested in buying it from you
Alec

Reactions: Kix
I find the Winning razor to be a great razor. I get close, drama free shaves every time.
It's been used with an Astra Superior Platinum blade, so far. Other blades might not perform as well as the Astra.
The Winning is among my top 4 razors, it's a keeper!

These DE razors are definitely not a one size fits all.

I bought a Yates 921 M/H. A large factor in my decision was the overwhelming love for them here on the forum. I could get an ok shave with it but could get a better shave from several less expensive razors in my collection. Finally decided to just sell or trade it and traded it for a Tatara Masamune. I'm getting ready to let my Henson medium go for the same reason and I'll use the funds to buy a Nodachi plate for the Masamune.

Don't let it get you down; turn lemons into lemonade. It's all part of the hobby.

Top Bottom