What's new

Winning Contests?

I too am lucky to have such a loving wife. Why, just yesterday I came home from the road and she had gotten me a new shirt. I think she wanted to surprise me with it because I found it draped over the lamp on the nightstand in the bedroom. She must have been really nervous that I would like it because she just sat there in the bed with the blankets pulled up to her chin and a worried look on her face. The shirt was way too big on me but, as luck would have it, our carpenter just happened to be in our closet working on our shoerack and didn't have a shirt because, he said it was laundry day. I think he was nervous that I would like the shoerack because he was visibly shaking and sweating profusely. You should have seen the look of relief on his face when the shirt fit him perfectly and I said he could have it. I told him to go ahead and finish, but to be quiet because the missus had just laid down for a nap. He said he forgot a tool and had to go get it. He must have forgotten it at his shop because I heard his truck start up and leave. The simpleton! :biggrin:

It's nice to see a simple question can bring about a cool contest run by richmondesi. I hope everyone joins in! :smile:

It's funny when I posted this thread, I was thinking more about the mathematics behind 'winning contests' than anything else. I feel great in every aspect of my life, but have just never won a contest. It's probably because I rarely enter them, but I wondered if there were others who (regardless of success in every other aspect of life) ended up also losing when contests were concerned. I also wondered if there was an 'unbreakable' winner to my 'mr. glass' losing streak.

I'd definitely agree with everyone who's saying it's better to give than receive and congratulate everyone who's winning the great stuff as part of the Carnival.

If I'm being completely honest, I have enough stuff (as SWMBO would testify to) and good fortunes to last me for years to come, but these prizes are just too cool and I can't help myself. :smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom