What's new

Winner blades by Gillette India

@Bogeyman
Been using 365 since around 2006-2007. The Baddi-made ones are the newer ones. But they continue making them in Rajastan too as I have both 2019 production Rajasthan and Baddi. No change of quality over the years or between both factories. It must have been some other factor when you tried them years ago.

@Bogeyman
Been using 365 since around 2006-2007. The Baddi-made ones are the newer ones. But they continue making them in Rajastan too as I have both 2019 production Rajasthan and Baddi. No change of quality over the years or between both factories. It must have been some other factor when you tried them years ago.

I checked my tuck just now and it is indeed Baddi. The only thing that has really changed through the past few years is that I use more artisan soap, FWIW. I use the same razor for 95%+ of my shaves.

I used a Winner blade today for the first time and it is a very nice blade. Excellent shave. FWIW, cream was Cyril L. Salter French Vetiver and razor a "ball end" Tech.

I used a Winner blade today for the first time and it is a very nice blade. Excellent shave. FWIW, cream was Cyril L. Salter French Vetiver and razor a "ball end" Tech.

Do you think it is the same blade as the Indian Gillette Wilk Sword? I initially thought it once but I was mistaken, I think the Winner is a sharper blade.

Do you think it is the same blade as the Indian Gillette Wilk Sword? I initially thought it once but I was mistaken, I think the Winner is a sharper blade.

I don't know. I just bought two and only two blades just to try. I see no large purchase of these in my future. YMMV.

I don't think they are the same the Winner is just a bit smoother and sharper.Its an 8.00 a hundred blade.I like it and I bought them when they were firstst released for sale.A very dependable solid blade that is a reasonable cost and a good quality ....not the best or the worse.I kinda don't understand all the drama about this blade.It is what it is I own some of all the blades mentioned and they are all a bit different than each other in different razors.But the Wiiner package is a scream to give to a friend as it creates alot of smiles.Happy New Year To Everyone!

...I kinda don't understand all the drama about this blade.It is what it is I own some of all the blades mentioned and they are all a bit different than each other in different razors...

I think that it's just that some of use like to try blades from far flung places that are not very common. I know I sure do, especially when it's some obscure Gillette blade. Now if I could just get some Ruby Ultra Stainless from the Phillipines........:whistling:

I think that it's just that some of use like to try blades from far flung places that are not very common. I know I sure do, especially when it's some obscure Gillette blade. Now if I could just get some Ruby Ultra Stainless from the Phillipines........:whistling:

That and the newly rereleased London Bridge made by Shanghai Gillette are my unobtanium blades... As discussed on the forum before, it seems very expensive to send packages out of the Phillipines to USA/UK etc, but I'd hope someone like Maggards or RazorBladesClub could find a distribution channel; I'm sure they'd have buyers.

I'd hope someone like RazorBladesClub could find a distribution channel for the newly rereleased London Bridge and Gillette Rubie Ultra Stainless blades made by Shanghai Gillette ; I'm sure they'd have buyers.
I would be one of the first in line. I had a fellow member from there who was going to look into cost via the regular post sending a few packs of each in envelopes over a month ago but never got a reply. I'm not sure if he forgot or just didn't want the hassle but I would have paid whatever the cost and then some just for the chance to try them.

A place in the Philippines sells both dirt cheap, but no out of county shipping and they don't respond to e-mails, at least not mine. :sob:

😭

A place in the Philippines sells both dirt cheap, but no out of county shipping and they don't respond to e-mails, at least not mine.

😭
I emailed them, lets see if I have any better luck.

Not too long ago I even created an account on a site in Indonesia & using google translate to communicate with various sellers hoping one might ship international but they all said no.

I am just curious how much Bruno Mars is making on royalties for using his likeness for these Gillette winner blades....

I have a Filipino buddy in a city where I used to live and just e-mailed him today regarding getting someone in his family to see about shipping me approx. 100 blades of the Rubie U.S. and London Bridge blades respectively. I will let you guys know when & if it gets any "traction". Maybe I'll get lucky. 🤔

Heh. Not a cent, the money is going to Indian cricket star Sachin Tendulkar because that’s whose photo it is.
Yup, but it beats me why they are using a 25 year old picture of a sports personality who retired some years ago and definitely have a different hairdo for nearly 10 years.

Top Bottom