What's new

wine glasses

My wife and I are in the market for wine glasses, again. They have to be at least durable, if not shatter proof. We may be interested in something cool/unique/different/fun. So give us some suggestions for our next wine glasses!

Wife gave me some stemless, aerating glasses for Christmas that I like. I cannot recall the name of the company, but you could probably google them. They seem pretty durable and can go in the dishwasher.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I Riedel and other oenophile glasses, but over the years my favorites are the INAO standard wine tasting glasses, which are inexpensive, solidly built, and suitable for a wide variety of varietals. You can also get perfectly decent wine glasses at Ikea for only slightly more than disposable plastic cups.

Stemless wine glasses are for orange juice or cognac.

We've really gotten into stemless glasses lately, as don't stand around holding our wine so no issues with "hand warming" of the product. Plus with 3 college kids joining in the consumption, we kept breaking the stemmed glasses. I've seen novelty versions of these at places like Bed, Bath and Beyond.

This is what we have: http://www.wineenthusiast.com/riede...-chardonnay-viognier-mixed-set-(set-of-8).asp

+1. I have some glasses from Wine Enthusiast, also bought a really nice set for my boss two years ago. THEY WARRANTY THEM! His wife broke one accidentally; they replaced it without question. Very cool.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I once had some 1961 Margaux in a Tom and Jerry jelly jar glass.

We've really gotten into stemless glasses lately, as don't stand around holding our wine so no issues with "hand warming" of the product. Plus with 3 college kids joining in the consumption, we kept breaking the stemmed glasses. I've seen novelty versions of these at places like Bed, Bath and Beyond.

This is what we have: http://www.wineenthusiast.com/riede...-chardonnay-viognier-mixed-set-(set-of-8).asp

I first came across these on Singapore Airlines - they use them in Business Class - and at first I thought they were a bit "odd" but tehy are a really good glass and if they stand up to use on an airplane and all the carting around they must be durable. We have a set and we really like them. Top glasses and different.

Over the years, we have bought MANY wine glasses. Our preference is Spiegelau as these are similar is shape to the better marketed and more expensive Riedel glasses. We have found the Spiegelau glasses to be much more durable. BY FAR.

Spiegelau are German while Riedel are Austrian. In fact, the Spiegelau glasses are so nice that Riedel bought the company.

Top Bottom