What's new

Windshield wiper blades refills a thing of the past.

Everyone sells windshield wiper replacement blades but no one sells refills any more that I can find easily. I hate to keep having to buy the whole blade when the only thing that goes bad is the rubber. Does anyone know who sells refills for blades?

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
My goodness I've not seen the refills for eons. The Google machine turned up O'Reilly Auto Parts.

None of the major auto parts stores stock them on hand. Online it is hard to figure out if any of the refills fit. It would be nice for explain to find a major brand that sells the whole thing and then also sold a refill. If I could find that I would stock up.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Here in Australia where I am you can still find the rubber blade only but most of the stock is old stock. I think these days the car manufacturers want to sell you the whole thing.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Maybe they were moving towards the newer curved type. No blade replacement option as there is no frame. They are quick and simple to replace but not cheap at all.

Evo1_Desktop.png

The wipers on my Honda Fit and Honda CRV are meant to have just the rubber replaced...
proxy.php

... which any Honda dealer is happy to sell to me.
They're a bit of a hassle to install though.

Not enough profit in the old rubber strip replacement , 20 times more profit with a whole new unit.....no other reason at all..

I order mine online, amazon, eBay, advance auto. They may have them at advance auto in to store. Guess it depends on your auto whether there are rubber replacements or whole blades. Sounds like a page from Gillette’s playbook:)

the bottom of the line Michelins have rated tops in Consumer Reports for several years. I have been using them 6 years with great results, and they are dirt cheap!
rainforce-wiper-blades.jpg

Maybe they were moving towards the newer curved type. No blade replacement option as there is no frame. They are quick and simple to replace but not cheap at all.
upload_2018-12-4_23-3-36.png

I used to change my wipers every 12 months. In 2014 I moved to the new type (as above pic). Over four years later (September gone) I replaced them just because I wanted to (their performance was still as good as new).

Cash wise I didn't find the new type much more expensive than the old type (I'm in the UK), but when it comes down to "actual" cost they're miles less expensive.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
View attachment 932685
I used to change my wipers every 12 months. In 2014 I moved to the new type (as above pic). Over four years later (September gone) I replaced them just because I wanted to (their performance was still as good as new).

Cash wise I didn't find the new type much more expensive than the old type (I'm in the UK), but when it comes down to "actual" cost they're miles less expensive.

I liked them enough to change over my wife's car to them. No more noise.....and the wiper blades are good as well. :)

Yep, refill inserts are gone. Been having to buy whole assemblies for a couple of years. Really bummed every time I have to do blades.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Next year the major auto manufacturers are moving to an integrated windshield/wiper assembly. Now you'll have to replace the entire windshield when your wipers start to smudge.

Fortunately I purchased many shares of Safelite Auto Glass.

I've never replaced just the blades. I have to change blades every year. Our climate is crazy dry, and a lack of use causes set problems and the heat causes cracking.

Top Bottom