What's new

Win a Vie-Long Horsehair Shaving Brush at Shavetools.com this Halloween!

My favorite Halloween memories are all from when I was younger than 8 (before we moved to a rural area), my sister and a group of 'big kids' would take us youngsters around the neighborhood. Always had homemade costumes and pillow cases to hold the candy.

I'm in and thank you.

Count me in.

Here's one of my favorite Halloween memories. There was an old couple who lived in my neighborhood in a tiny house. They weren't very socialable...never had a lot of visitors and didn't mingle with the neighbors. They were quiet, kept to themselves, and were very peaceful. One year, me and my cousins decided that while out trick-or-treating, we'd stop by their house so they don't feel left out. I guess they weren't expecting any trick-or-treaters that year and probably never have very many at all in the years prior. I rang the doorbell and the little old lady got up from her chair and came to the door to see who was there. She saw us in our costumers and seemed to become overjoyed at our visit. However, she didn't have any candy prepared for us, as they were obviiously not expecting anyone. She walked back to the living room and picked up a small little candy bowl and gave us each one piece of butter scotch hard candy. Sweet gesture, thinking back on it, but we were a little disappionted. However, we were wise enough to understand.

Count me in! Halloween isn't nearly as popular in Belgium as it is in the States, so I haven't got any exciting Halloween stories to tell.

Count me in! Taking my kids to the house on the street that gives away full size candy bars! The look on their faces..priceless!

Im in. Favorite would be taking my son to the haunted houses, mazes and events. We do something every year and it's always a great memory as we compare them from year to year. I didn't have much Halloween when growing up in a very rural area.

Count me in! When I was a kid my neighbor would make caramel apples and popcorn balls. Always look forward to stopping by there.

Count me in! My favorite Halloween memory would be dressing up at the children's hospital where I used to work and handing out candy to the inpatient kids who weren't able to leave the hospital. I typically dressed as classic movie monsters, like Frankenstein and a mummy, the kids loved it and it was a blast.

Count me in, please!

One Halloween, I was out trick-or-treating, and a blizzard started. There were so few kids out that one woman dumped the candy bowl into my bag.

Thanks for the PIF.

my favorite halloween memory is when we were kids my cousins and i would go trick or treating in a small town where our grandparents lived. my cousin wasn't very old and drugged her candy bag on the ground and made a hole in it and lost most if not all her candy, kind of funny and sad at the same time. please count me in, thank you!

Count me in, please.

Favorite Halloween memory has to be growing up in a famous, NYC housing project called Stuyvesant Town...10,000 apartments (that's right!) in an area about 6 x 4 city blocks. We'd ride the elevator to the top floor of each building, hit up all the apartments on that floor, and run down the fire escape to the next floor to repeat, and repeat, and repeat...ad infinitum, ad (literally!) nauseam. Highest imaginable candy/sq. mi. density!!

I'm in. It was my eldest son's first Halloween. We had gone around the neighborhood and he was awed by all the candy people had given him. He held off eating till we got home. He picked up and ate a large candy with a big smile. Then he looked at us inquiringly to ask permission to eat another. We said Yes, eat all you want. His eyes widened and he gobbled a small candy down. Then another. Then he looked at us and said, "Too much. No more."

Top Bottom