What's new

Win a Semogue 1305 Brush From Shavetools.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great shave today with a Dovo best quality and porarso green shave soap followed by a splash of Aqua Velva Musk. Great way to start a day.

Great shave with my Omega 49, some MWF and my Cadet OC with a Gillette Silver Blue blade. Very enjoyable!

Not the best shave but my first double edge from a few weeks ago. Vintage Gillette, cheap Kroger blades, van dre Hagen brush and soap.
After that I knew I was hooked and could start to upgrade when possible.

Just completed my fourth consecutive day shaving with a DE razor using a 34c, Feather blade and AOS Sandalwood cream. Any consecutive day shave without burn or getting nicked up is a good one for me.

First Shave of my De Muhle R106, I took a shower and left my P160 in a mug in my sink. I used my omega brush to lather up what I'd like to call a pretty pathetic lather for my first time but still effective. I touched the blade to my skin and began to let the blade fall, after the first few strokes I finally learned how to angle the blade against my skin. I'm happy to say that I feel like a million bucks, and no cuts!

Thanks for the great contest

For me my best wet shave to date has been with:
Shave bowl and brush sitting soaking in heat from hot water
Hot shower letting the water run on my face for about 2 min before getting out
Castle Forbes Unscented Pre Shave applied after toweling off
Lather up with Crabtree and Evelyn West Indian Lime cream using a Simpson Colonel X2L
Made three passes with a Merkur 23C and red personna blades
Face was BBS with no irritation or nicks...Was a very relaxing Sunday morning experience

Last great shave was a couple of weeks ago: Ej86 loaded with a Polisilver blade and Proraso red cream. I'm still new at this, cycling through different blade brands and trying to use up my VDH puck; I've grown to dislike the smell of the Prosaro. Some samples of other stuff on the way, so hopefully I'll find what I like. Tomorrow I start with Sharks, and then Feathers. We'll see how they compare with the Polisilver Iridiums I had great success with.

Thanks for the contest,

The shave I had was a boring cartridge shave .... the shave I am going to have in the near future after I gear up is with a Muhle R89 my wife gave me as an early birthday gift. I cant wait to get to get started ... fortunately a lot of great info from the members to help me find the things I need and work on technique.

The shave I had was a boring cartridge shave .... the shave I am going to have in the near future after I gear up is with a Muhle R89 my wife gave me as an early birthday gift. I cant wait to get to get started ... fortunately a lot of great info from the members to help me find the things I need and work on technique.

Good luck. Take your time, and congratulations on your new money pit, I mean hobby.

had a great shave the other day using a sample of C&E nomad shaving cream, my 64 Gillette slim with personna blue blade, my new tweezermam brush. I finished up with a splash of witch hazel followed by aqua velva ice blue.

Best Shave to date this morning with my EJ89 and Astra SP with TOBS sandalwood. Old Spice fresh AS finished with Nivea Sensative skin balm :) with my little newbie tweezerman

Last edited:
Last night I hit the jackpot with DR Harris Marlborough lathered with my red Omega boar that I hope to replace soon. I took the beard away with my Weber ARC using the until now unknown German Wilkinson.

I know as soon as I felt the brush sort of suck itself to my face I'd get better than average lather, and I really did.

Nothing like a great shave with a Semogue 830, Art of Shaving sandalwood soap (tallow), and DR Harris Sandalwood aftershave. If you want to go different, Arko for the soap works well with the brush too.

I'll pipe in with my best shave so far with my new, week old EJ89L using a Feather razor blade. Face and neck wash with warm water and Dove, warm rinse, followed by a face lather with an old, wood handled, unknown brand badger brush loaded with VDH and a dab of Proraso cream (don't laugh, it's crazy thick and slick :) ). Two passes plus touch up to get me through to the early evening, followed by a cold rinse and Pierre Cardin Aftershave Balm (bottle almost empty and I haven't seen it anymore - and yes, I'm probably a throwback to the 70's).

Only been in the hobby for a week, but have had a wonderful shave already! Best shave was this past Thursday.
Merkur 33c
TOBS avacado
tweezerman brush (sheds more than my dog :( )
nivea sensitive AS

looking forward to seeing how a real brush handles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom