What's new

Win a Semogue 1305 Brush From Shavetools.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a pretty good shave tonight using my Super Speed, Astra SP blade, Mike's natural soap, AV, Proraso ASB.

Best shave to date was with Mystic Water Bay Rum shave soap, Astra SP in my '57 Flare Tip, with my Omega #66 boar brush. I finished with Old Spice AS and Nivea Sensitive Skin moisturizer. I've only been at this for a few months, but that was a great shave.

My favorite shaves always involve Mystic Water soaps, lathered up with my restored Ever-Ready brush. My favorite shave right now comes from my Feather Artist Club SS. It was a Christmas present from my lovely wife.

I think my best shave yet came three or four days ago , when I found a FatBoy Gillette at a thrift store for $7.50 including tax. So my best shave was one of my least expensive shaves, in example- $7.50 razor, $9 Chinese brush, $10 Crabtree & Evelyn sandalwood soap in my $10 Harley mug. Considering if I prorate all of the items incorporated in this shave the cost added up to less than $5 for the shave, and it was a Damn Fine Shave! My face was smooth, I smelled good, I felt relaxed, and it's cost was cheap!! I would love to win a new brush though thanks for this opportunity guys!!!

My best shave so far was with a Gillette Slim Adjustable, Arko shaving soap stick, Polsilver Super Iridium blade and no name boar brush.

I have a great shave EVERYDAY with my Parker 90R, Wilkinson Swords, CO Bigelow Shave Cream in the green tube (Proraso), Van der Hagen mug and boar brush, Dr Galen's herbal skin tonic, followed by the aftershave of the day (today it was Stetson), and Cremo skin moisturizer. Shaving DE is a great way to start the day!

Last edited:
Just had a good shave this morning.
Merkur 23c
Wilkinson Sword
Arko
Omega boar
Clubman
First week of the Arko soap and I have to say that the soap is a winner.

I have gotten great shaves with both my Jagger DE and my Schick Injector, bu the only down side is that I do not have a great brush. A great brush would make every shave an A+ first rate shave.

A while back, Merkur23c with a fresh Astra SP blade using C.O. Bigelow and a mediocre Parker best badger followed by a generous amount of Old Spice. No nicks and no stings. Man, that was a great shave! I've +1 you again on Google and did a review.

Count me in! I can get a great shave out of a Cadet OC with a Derby blade and Mike's Natural Barbershop soap. Top it with some Clubman and it's a great start to the day.

A leisurely (mostly vintage) Sunday shave

Prep ~ Long hot shower
Soap ~ Suds and Sparkles Old Spice
Brush ~ Ever-Ready 500PBM
Mug ~ Old Spice Shaving Mug
Razor ~ Otto Busch Worldmaster
Strop ~ Medal of Award Stop
Aftershave ~ Old Spice
Cologne ~ Old Spice

All I can say is ...ahhhhh.

Last edited:
My shave today was fairly decent, with a nice smooth close feel, and minimal irritation. I used an Edwin Jagger DE89, Astra Blades, And Cella soap, with Nivea Sensitive AS to finish, and a touch of Diesel's Only the Brave EDT.

i use co bigelow from bath and body works. it always does the trick for me. just started using blue bird razors, and an old gillette gold tech holds the blade.

Gillette Super Speed black tip
Wilkinson Sword blade
Parker pure badger brush
Col. Conk Bay Rum soap
Witch hazel
Nivea ASB applied heavily (I like the cooling sensation!)

standard 3 pass shave, smooth as silk

My favorite shaves generally involve TOBS Jermyn, EJ DE89 with an Astra SP blade, and a Semogue 830. Second would have to be 50's superspeed with Astra SP, Proraso Red tub, and a Simpson 46 Berkeley. All shaves end with a splash of Dickenson's Witch Hazel, then Weleda ASB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom