What's new

Wimbledon 2012

I was never that into tennis until I watched the Wimbledon final last year and really enjoyed it. I'm not watching the present match, but I intend to watch the final. I'm rooting for Fedrer. He seems to be having a revival. Very impressive. Same with Serena.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
2 sets to 1 for Federer!!! Yeah!
proxy.php
...Go Federer Express (FedEx), because you're leading 5-2 in the 4th set!!!
proxy.php

proxy.php
"I fear no one, but respect everyone (and I have learnt to be even more patient)". Roger Federer

What a great match. Quite surprising that Federer can regain the world #1 with a win on sunday. He's been playing some great tennis that's been largely overshadowed by Djokovic in recent majors.

I have enjoyed the tennis very much over the past few years. Have really enjoyed the rebirth of Serena being that we don't really have a dog in the hunt on the men's side. It would be great to see some up and coming US talent to get behind.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Alright tennis fans, the men's final between No. 3 Roger Federer and No. 4 Andy Murray (no doubt the 'underdog'), will take place Sunday, July 8, 2012 on ESPN at 9 a.m. EST.

All I can say is...Go Federer Express (FedEx)!!!
proxy.php

proxy.php
"I fear no one, but respect everyone (and I have learnt to be even more patient)". Roger Federer

Last edited:
I cannot wait for the final, ahhhhh! I will be so thrilled if Federer wins (hopefully he will; I'm confident).

Here is a clip for Federer fans to get ya'll in the mood for the final:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGRFvus8v5M

Early in the video there are shots of Federer when he wasn't clean shaved :blink:. It's unfortunate that Federer sponsors Gillette because if I had to pick someone to be a sponsor of double edge stuff it would be him!

Or enjoy the old ESPN Wimbledon theme song:

http://youtu.be/QAQI_1Kjdpc

Enjoy the match anyways The Count of Merkur! Hopefully tomorrow when you post you can include an earlier quote of Andy Murray: "I can cry like Roger but it's a shame I can't play like him".

Last edited:
I am happy Serena won the Women's Final. I have always liked Serena and Venus. I can't believe they are only 30 and 32. I remember reading about Venus in Sports Illustrated for Kids when I was young. Seems like they've been playing FOREVER.

Weird that both Tiger Woods and Fedrer are suddenly both winning again.

It's difficult to compare eras. But Federer has to be in the conversation of greatest players ever. He just keeps coming back when people pronounce him "done."

It's difficult to compare eras. But Federer has to be in the conversation of greatest players ever. He just keeps coming back when people pronounce him "done."

The guy makes it look so easy. I remember watching him in a final a couple of years ago and he just crushed his opponent, I think it was Nadal, in the final.

People point to his record against Nadal as "proof" he isn't the greatest. I don't know if he is the greatest or not, but the man has 17 grand slams. He has stayed elite for a decade. Nadal has time to make up the grand slam gap but will he?

As for Murray, it's still too early to label him a choker. But the British media has got to quit hyping him up. He puts enough pressure on himself already.

Last edited:
People point to his record against Nadal as "proof" he isn't the greatest. I don't know if he is the greatest or not, but the man has 17 grand slams. He has stayed elite for a decade. Nadal has time to make up the grand slam gap but will he?

As for Murray, it's still too early to label him a choker. But the British media has got to quit hyping him up. He puts enough pressure on himself already.

Its now 74 years since a britain has won the mens singles title, and the pressure is only going to get worse for Murray !! I dont know if you are all aware, but Murray and Federer have now met 16 times, and todays victory for Federer, ties it up at 8 wins each !

Nice to see Murray reach the final, I hope he gets a slam someday. Federer is an all time classic player, someone hard to beat or draw comparisons against, he is one of the all time greats.

IMO Senera could learn a lot from her sister Venus about how to approach the sport and public relations. Venus is a very likeable tennis player.

Top Bottom