What's new

Willy’s???

Does anyone out here know what happened to Willy’s blade? Have they been taken over by another manufacturer? I consider them to be one of the best, if not the best blade, I’ve ever used. I still have a sizable stock of them but it would be good to know what its successor could be…

lasta

Blade Biter
From the blade numbering, I'm guessing these are made by Super Max. Same guys doing RK.

Not sure about the OEMs, but Supermax is about 3/5 for both sharpness/smoothness in my blade coup. Serviceable.

From the blade numbering, I'm guessing these are made by Super Max. Same guys doing RK.

Not sure about the OEMs, but Supermax is about 3/5 for both sharpness/smoothness in my blade coup. Serviceable.

As far as I'm aware, super max, RK and, the owner of willy's, are all different manufacturers.

As far as I'm aware, super max, RK and, the owner of willy's, are all different manufacturers.
Yeah, you might be right, I was looking again last week and the name of the companies are different. They could still be the same plant or they could be in different locations, but somebody who reads Hindi would have to check whether they are all in the same area. Oh yeah, I have some on the way in a sample pack from India...

Reactions: nav
Yeah, you might be right, I was looking again last week and the name of the companies are different. They could still be the same plant or they could be in different locations, but somebody who reads Hindi would have to check whether they are all in the same area. Oh yeah, I have some on the way in a sample pack from India...

I live in India and know these brands well.
Definitely different manufactures.

I'm looking forward to hear your thoughts on Indian blades.

I personally don't like them very much.

I completely forgot that you were India, so sorry, won't happen again! I was only hinting that maybe some of the companies function like Wilkinson Sword(DE) and Personna in that they are the same factory, but completely different companies. However, I will differ to you as on the ground knowledge trumps all! We will have to agree to disagree about the blades, but I can see how you wouldn't like them much as they are all around the same sharpness except the Gillette Super Platinums. My pack has some Winners, RK, V something, Willys, etc. And some that I already have. Cheers.

I completely forgot that you were India, so sorry, won't happen again! I was only hinting that maybe some of the companies function like Wilkinson Sword(DE) and Personna in that they are the same factory, but completely different companies. However, I will differ to you as on the ground knowledge trumps all! We will have to agree to disagree about the blades, but I can see how you wouldn't like them much as they are all around the same sharpness except the Gillette Super Platinums. My pack has some Winners, RK, V something, Willys, etc. And some that I already have. Cheers.

No issues mate...I wasn't having a go at you. Just wanted to provide clarity.

The winner blades are branded Gillette but made by another company.
I could tell right away they weren't made by Gillette.

Gillette blades have a particular feel to them and generally speaking, most blades out of PPI are very good. My favourites being Wizamet, nacet and GSB.
Although the Greek BIC blade is my favorite.

RK is a funny one. I like them on the first shave but it's like they turn to broken glass overnight! So they are a one shave blade for me so I don't buy them as I don't like that impact environmentally.

If you can get hold of some Gillette 365, they are a very decent blade.
The Gillette SP blacks being the most premium however, the quality has dropped significantly from previous years. Many guys here have noted the big difference.

Willy's blades IMHO are superb blades. I have used lots of other blades (Feathers, Gillette Platinum & Blue, BIC, Wizamet, Voshkod, Wilkinson...) but Willy's are the best! Never has a Willy's blade given me any weepers/nicks. I do not count the number of shaves I got from a blade but it is ±10. At times they may feel a little tuggy but never do they give me irritated skin and best of all they give me a BBS after two passes with maybe here and there a touch up. (As for the 'legendary' Wizamets, 1st shave is always nice, second or third shaves always give me a few nicks. I use a Fatip Originale Il Grosso 99,9% of my shaves and either Santa Maria Novella (best) /Martin de Candre (second best) / Proraso(!) soap. Maybe the Willy's are not the sharpest around but in combination with my Fatip and my type of beard it sure is magic!

Willy's blades IMHO are superb blades. I have used lots of other blades (Feathers, Gillette Platinum & Blue, BIC, Wizamet, Voshkod, Wilkinson...) but Willy's are the best! Never has a Willy's blade given me any weepers/nicks. I do not count the number of shaves I got from a blade but it is ±10. At times they may feel a little tuggy but never do they give me irritated skin and best of all they give me a BBS after two passes with maybe here and there a touch up. (As for the 'legendary' Wizamets, 1st shave is always nice, second or third shaves always give me a few nicks. I use a Fatip Originale Il Grosso 99,9% of my shaves and either Santa Maria Novella (best) /Martin de Candre (second best) / Proraso(!) soap. Maybe the Willy's are not the sharpest around but in combination with my Fatip and my type of beard it sure is magic!

Yeah, Wizamet are quite sharp and may not be for every beard type.

My stubble is very tough and I found just about all Indian blades not sharp enough.
Which is strange since Indians generally have coarse beards!

I've read a few rave reviews about Willy's and have no doubt they are a great blade for many. Even in India, it has its fans!

Top Bottom