What's new

Willy’s DE blades from India

And they still did not came back. Maybe forever gone ?

A quick google search for zircon global manufacturing india says that they are closed.

I've heard the same thing a while ago, but I think they made a lot of blades and it's not too late to stock up on them if you can find them on the internet or have a friend from India to help you with that.

If you buy the razor in the US, it does not come with the blades; they sell them for cheap on the side. I got some and tried them, they felt like the run of the mill Wilkinson Sword Gillette from India...... ; good for 2 shaves and average performance....

The only source I know was pearlshaving.in which is showing out of stock! Can you point to any other source?

Maggard razors and West Coast Shaving used to have them, but they are all sold out I guess. I've found this website, which it seems to be Australian judging by the currency and there are only 3x 100 left.

Maggard razors and West Coast Shaving used to have them, but they are all sold out I guess. I've found this website, which it seems to be Australian judging by the currency and there are only 3x 100 left.

Thank you! Let's see how much they charge for shipping back to India. It's actually funny being an Indian shopping Indian blade from foreign website!

I am reviving this thread as a place to memory dump since the newer thread is all praise and I don't want to rain on their parade...

These were the next blade I wanted to try out of my Indian blade sampler after trying the RK blades and green Permasharps. The Permasharp thread has gotten a lot of discussion going which was unexpected. The RK blades weren't anything worth seeking out, but the Chromiums were noticeably smooth and command a premium price to the Stainless variant.

Normally I would post a SOTD photo with the blade tuck, but why bother. These aren't easily available in bulk unless you want to pay a ransom in shipping. And they aren't worth seeking out, period.

I only did two shaves and that was enough, I normally try to push four, but I wasn't enjoying this. I can generally shave with just about anything in my Blackbird, it has enough blade exposure for dull blades, but is forgiving enough for sharper blades. At least for a couple shaves before my face starts flaking from the exfoliation!

The reason I say period and not YMMV is because these are both dull and less smooth than the RK blades, which are available even though I don't recommend them either. They feel at most a half step sharper than Shark stainless, one of the dullest, blades, but per pass efficiency isn't any better. There are too many patchy spots which I take to be an indication of low grind quality, not just dullness. Smoothness is at least a step behind the commonly available Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades, which are actually an adequate sharpness! The RK Stainless blades I got were about the same smoothness, but about as sharp as the mentioned GWSs. I guess people call this slightly rough, they aren't harsh, but even without pressure, all the tugging takes a toll on the skin. Generally I would have to use something as sharp as a Nacet in this razor to upset my skin, it's not much, but it's more than other options.

The YMMVAAT part is what razor you are using with a blade and your technique. I love Nacets in one of my razors in spite of them feeling too sharp in another, but they are really good blades. These are not, I can't see how a different razor would change that. You can't make them smoother without a negative exposure razor and they are too tuggy to use in one!

Side note, these have some kind of thick oil in the wrapper, it feels like glue at first. I can't rule out that causing facial irritation so take that into consideration too!

lasta

Blade Biter
I am reviving this thread as a place to memory dump since the newer thread is all praise and I don't want to rain on their parade...

These were the next blade I wanted to try out of my Indian blade sampler after trying the RK blades and green Permasharps. The Permasharp thread has gotten a lot of discussion going which was unexpected. The RK blades weren't anything worth seeking out, but the Chromiums were noticeably smooth and command a premium price to the Stainless variant.

Normally I would post a SOTD photo with the blade tuck, but why bother. These aren't easily available in bulk unless you want to pay a ransom in shipping. And they aren't worth seeking out, period.

I only did two shaves and that was enough, I normally try to push four, but I wasn't enjoying this. I can generally shave with just about anything in my Blackbird, it has enough blade exposure for dull blades, but is forgiving enough for sharper blades. At least for a couple shaves before my face starts flaking from the exfoliation!

The reason I say period and not YMMV is because these are both dull and less smooth than the RK blades, which are available even though I don't recommend them either. They feel at most a half step sharper than Shark stainless, one of the dullest, blades, but per pass efficiency isn't any better. There are too many patchy spots which I take to be an indication of low grind quality, not just dullness. Smoothness is at least a step behind the commonly available Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades, which are actually an adequate sharpness! The RK Stainless blades I got were about the same smoothness, but about as sharp as the mentioned GWSs. I guess people call this slightly rough, they aren't harsh, but even without pressure, all the tugging takes a toll on the skin. Generally I would have to use something as sharp as a Nacet in this razor to upset my skin, it's not much, but it's more than other options.

The YMMVAAT part is what razor you are using with a blade and your technique. I love Nacets in one of my razors in spite of them feeling too sharp in another, but they are really good blades. These are not, I can't see how a different razor would change that. You can't make them smoother without a negative exposure razor and they are too tuggy to use in one!

Side note, these have some kind of thick oil in the wrapper, it feels like glue at first. I can't rule out that causing facial irritation so take that into consideration too!
Sounds like another Tiger on the loose!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I like these blades and am looking for a place to purchase them without the postage and shipping charges associated with ordering them from Pearl. I'm in the USA.

Anybody know a source?

Thank and happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
The Razor Company has them.

Thank you.

I'll compare prices, etc., with Pearl.

I still have a good many Willy's blades from the little stash which came with one of my Pearl razors, or maybe both came with blades. Perhaps I have about forty remaining. Since trying them out I've mostly used a Willy's. I find them quite sharp and very smooth. They seem very much like the SI blades, Polsilver and Wizamet.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom