What's new

Willy’s DE blades from India

Has anyone tried these blades? Everyone who bought the Pearl Flexi got a pack of 55 blades or two with these blades including me and I haven't used them yet, but I see lots of Youtubers saying good things about them. I've also noticed, that they are extremely inexpensive in some of the shaving websites in India including the Pearl website. 4$ for 2 packs of 55 blades or 110 in total seems like a good deal if they are indeed good. I was going to revisit a pack of GSB blades, which i've recently got and i've used a few of them 4-5 years ago with my blade sample pack, but I guess they will have to wait a bit.
Willys-Premium-Saloon-Pack-3.jpg

I just finished my shave with a Willys and i'm realy impressed. In terms of sharpness and smoothness, the blade is ''almost'' on par with Nacet. It's slightly less sharper, but also very smooth and comfortable. I did a full 3 pass shave WTG, XTG and ATG with the Pearl Flexi without any issues. The few Youtubers that used this blade weren't kidding.

I still don't know how long would the blade last, but if it can retain it's sharpness for at least 3 shaves, that wound be enough for me. I have to shave with a few more blades to pass my final judgement, but giving that 2 packs of 110 blades cost only 4$, I think I might grab a few thousands and pretty much be done with buying 100's of DE blades for the rest of my life.

I am going to be using this blade for Frugal April challenge. I observe when browsing the Pearl website for those blades that its perhaps the only place in the world which has good quality blades for $4 and razors with brass handles and zinc heads for $4 to $5 !

Is it true that Pearl is making a V3 of the Flexi razor? I see people talking about it, but there's no info on the Pearl website and I was wondering if it's true or it's just that people think the next batch will have an upgraded version.

Is it true that Pearl is making a V3 of the Flexi razor? I see people talking about it, but there's no info on the Pearl website and I was wondering if it's true or it's just that people think the next batch will have an upgraded version.
While on the site, I see the third run is sold out. I don't think it would be any different from the V2 razor. I find my copy perfect as most of the shavers I've seen using.

Will be interesting to see if they take advantage of it being brass which is plated, so they can come up with finishes other than satin or maybe just a machined brass version!

I've never been "into" blades very much, so this year has been trying a few new flavors, of which Nacet is my favorite so far. I ran one for a week in the Flexi, early last month, and decided to try the Willy's in it tonight. My experience was the same, very pleasantly surprised!
I just finished my shave with a Willys and i'm realy impressed. In terms of sharpness and smoothness, the blade is ''almost'' on par with Nacet. It's slightly less sharper, but also very smooth and comfortable. I did a full 3 pass shave WTG, XTG and ATG with the Pearl Flexi without any issues. The few Youtubers that used this blade weren't kidding.

I still don't know how long would the blade last, but if it can retain it's sharpness for at least 3 shaves, that wound be enough for me. I have to shave with a few more blades to pass my final judgement, but giving that 2 packs of 110 blades cost only 4$, I think I might grab a few thousands and pretty much be done with buying 100's of DE blades for the rest of my life.

I've used these blades, as they came with the Close Comb razor SS-09.

These blades didn't worked for me with the Pearl razor, but worked really well with the Parker Variant Adjustable and Game Changer OC 84.

Blade reviews are always difficult for me because each shave is different on so many levels.

If I consider positioning these blades, then I'll put them at par and slightly beating Wilkinson Sword (India) blades in both sharpness and smoothness.

These blades shine after a few shaves and I've got very good shaves especially after 2nd shave all the way till 6th shave.

This is a big thing for me because when I tried using this blade, my technique wasn't upto the mark, and I still got good shaves with them.

So, if you have an option between Wilkinson Sword and Willy's blades and price isn't a problem, then staying true to B&B I'd take BOTH.

If you can only purchase either, then go for the Willy's (no pin intended), as they offer a unique level of sharpness, somewhat between Wilkinson Sword (India) and Supermax Platinum Plus blades.

Used half in a Twig; was not good at all. Sharpness is OK'ish, but it's rough..... maybe it isn't a good pairing with this razor..... maybe one day I will try a full blade in a regular razor..... No cuts and was able to finish shave, BUT it did burn a lot.

Used half in a Twig; was not good at all. Sharpness is OK'ish, but it's rough..... maybe it isn't a good pairing with this razor..... maybe one day I will try a full blade in a regular razor..... No cuts and was able to finish shave, BUT it did burn a lot.

So far i've used these blades in my GC .84 sb and the Flexi and they are good. I have to try them in a couple of more razors to see if they perform just as good in less efficient razors like some of my vintage Gillette's and my FOCS and Schone. If they can pass all of those razors without an issue i'm going to stock up with them. 4$ for 110 blades is an awsome offer or I might get a bulk of Nacets for 10$ for 100 blades instead.

Top Bottom