What's new

Williams Warriors

Like to get one those vintage Williams pucks to try out.
I remember when I first started shaving my dad always had a couple Williams pucks - they were best at lathering and slickness.
Current Williams is still super just not as good as I remember it to be, still my go to soap every morning!

I like it not only for shaving, but also for washing my entire face if not showering. Yesterday, after having been out on the boat with sunscreen, my eyes started to burn when we got home. Williams makes a nice slick lather in the hands and leaves a great moisturized feeling after a face wash.

I like it not only for shaving, but also for washing my entire face if not showering. Yesterday, after having been out on the boat with sunscreen, my eyes started to burn when we got home. Williams makes a nice slick lather in the hands and leaves a great moisturized feeling after a face wash.
Nice tip for everyone to remember....

Just back from the local, non-chain drug store with my first puck of Williams. Did a full on test face lather with a 26mm silvertip. Notwithstanding the $1.39 I spent for it, I managed to easily generate a thick, slick lather without a sun dance or any of the other rituals I’ve read about. Admittedly the rubber will hit the road when I shave with it tomorrow morning, but for now this looks like a solid addition to the den.

Glad to hear.. We have a local drug store here that has been selling Williams pucks for .99 cents and thats the stores regular price for them..needless to say i bought several !!!!

Glad to hear.. We have a local drug store here that has been selling Williams pucks for .99 cents and thats the stores regular price for them..needless to say i bought several !!!!

Great price! 70 percent of next to nothing as it is. Given the relative density, this probably beats Arko.

First use this morning. Zenith Scrubby Chubby boar, Muhle Rocca and Astra (1). BBS with not so much as a weeper. Performance is as good as any soap I’ve used.

Williams to me is the American Arko. Though for now I do think I enjoy comparable Arko and Palmolive more.

There are other soaps I like and use more frequently than Williams, but if it was all that was available, I'd use it without hesitation (and probably save money, too).

Absolutely. I think once you get the puck good and used, it softens up a bit and the lather is much easier to build. If you use it for two weeks straight, it really shines.

Top Bottom