What's new

Williams Warriors

Modern makes a great preshave lather when needed. Adds a nice extra little slickness to the skin for a pass or two.

Currently I have been using Williams for the complete shave, I think I have figured out my sweet spot for getting good lather.

Currently I have been using Williams for the complete shave, I think I have figured out my sweet spot for getting good lather.

Works well for shaves if I bloom it well and load it heavy. Probably some of the slickest soap out there, though it lacks in other areas.

I’ve been rocking it for the last two weeks. I love to heat up water in my electric kettle to about 210 F and let it soak for 10 mins, makes for some easy and good lather action.

While it’s far from being a top tier soap, I do enjoy its simple and classic scent as well as it’s overall performance.

There’s something neat about using an old school soap when shaving in an old school manner.

So many great Williams shave options!

Enjoy your journey!!

williams rubberset gillette aqua velva may 21 2019.jpg

I shaved with Williams Mug this morning. I recently read a few posts where guys rubbed it on their faces like they would do with a stick. I didn't do that but instead, I just took a damp, not sopping wet brush, loaded it up on the puck purposely not trying to build a lather, then painted it onto my face with an Omega S brush. Basically my face looked like I just rubbed the puck on my face. I then proceeded to add water to the brush and face lather. Since there was less soap on my face I didn't need whole lot of water. I just added a few drops at a time with the brush and I got a very workable lather that stayed on with no dissipation. I don't need to struggle to build billowing clouds of lather since this soap is so freakin' slick. I just need enough lather to see where I've shaved really. Shave on!

I enjoy shaving with Williams and have for years.
First after my dad taught me to shave as a teenager. Then used it with carts - oh my, which seemed like forever and now again back with DE.
For a real slick lather I put a dab (1/2 in. line) of Cremo on the puck. Dribble a little water on it and whip it for like 30 seconds and get just slick, cushiony, moist lather that doesn't dry on your face.
Leaves my face soft and moisturized after the shave. Finish with witch hazel then Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm and I'm good for the rest of the day.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Williams is an excellent soap and a staple in my bathroom; effective, inexpensive, and easy to get. I think that sums it up.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
If you're gonna go all in you NEED a Williams badger & bristle brush, of course!

full

I wish I could get it to work for me, I tried on a few occasions and I ended up just throwing the puck away, now that I'm out of the sabbatical, I might try it again and see if I can have another go at it.

@andromeda673 Truly an abundance on content out there to check out and lord knows I've read so many forums and viewed so many videos, but in the end I figured out a way that seems to work for me. I just needed to find the peace that comes with achieving a lather that doesn't dissipate :) I do marvel at just how slick this stuff is.

@andromeda673 totally agree with @MrBeez, I read the WISE thread, and also watched videos on YouTube. Ultimately, what worked for me was a combination of all the methods that I read as well as using very hot water from an electric kettle. I set my electric kettle to its' highest setting (210 degrees) and soak the puck in a mug for 10 minutes, and that makes lathering so easy with a barely damp synthetic brush that it's almost comical compared to what I had to go through prior.

Good luck, and in the end, if Williams simply doesn't work for you, no worries, there are so many amazing soaps on that market that it doesn't even matter.

I started shaving with Williams in 1963, this was when Tallowate was the first ingredient. I got a fantastic long lasting slick soap that lathered up pretty fast. With hard soaps I've always topped it with hot water while I prep my beard. But now with the change in formula, it takes longer to get a decent lather. I get a fairly good lather with it but it's not what it once was.

I don’t regret throwing the puck away in anger after trying it for a week and not being able to get anything to work regardless of how changed up my methods.

Maybe at some point I’ll get it figured out, but I do fully applaud those that do!

Top Bottom