What's new

Williams Shaving Soap Hoarding Disorder.a new disease.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
In for 7 more. That should do it ... for a while ...

Hey, it's good soap. And I swear to join the next month or quarter restraint.

AA

I think this whole "Williams is being discontinued" panic thing was just a hoax. Every store I have been in lately is fully stocked with Williams. I think we can stand down for a while. At ease men.

Several Canadian friends on the site have mentioned that. Here in the States it has been steadily retreating from the shop shelves for the past 2-3 years. Huge sections of the country where it can't be found.

So after reading these threads, I was shopping with the wife at our local WinCo and saw they carried Williams. I grabbed 5 pucks and threw them in the cart. She asked about the soap and I told her, "I wanted to give Williams a try because it just might be discontinued and then I would never be able to say that I had ever tried it..."

She says, "Suuuure, discontinued... 5 bars is a lot of soap to 'try'."

Says I, rolling my eyes at her, "Dear, it is a 'puck' of shaving soap and not a 'bar'."

Ya know, a can of sweet peas does have quite a good punch when thrown at ones head.

Williams is still available around here ... the price has even gone DOWN recently, currently selling at $0.99 a puck.

I see no need to hoard it. I don't use it more than once or twice a year, usually on the 4th of July when we do our Patriotic Shave using only American-made products.

While I appreciate the nearly two centuries of tradition behind this soap, the modern formula is lacking in performance, IMHO. I'd love to get my hands on a vintage puck so that I can compare it, though.

Now, if they ever announce that ARKO stick will be phased out, then THAT will be a problem.

What happens with everyones stashes if Combe decides to reformulate Williams into a much better soap, and still sells it for $1 per puck?
In my opinion this is such a big IF that I would never worry about. I would probably put my stash of 10 "old" pucks at the bottom of the box and enjoy the new ones. I wouldn't bat an eye for the $20 "invested".

Did someone say Williams Pyramid?...
You have way too much time on your hands.:tongue_sm

Have to have fun in the hobby, hence, hobby I guess! Grabbed a couple SOTD pics today and not only went ankle deep cracking through some ice, I lost half a coffee losing balance getting a weird angle in a bush. Ahhhh, good times!
:thumbup1:

Top Bottom