What's new

Williams Shaving Bowl Info

Does anyone know anything about this bowl? I've looked previously & have come up blank. I'm not one to not research, that's part of the fun of this pastime. I've looked into this bowl & am now looking to you, my B & B brethren, for any information you may have. I've had this wooden shaving bowl for some time. Is anyone familiar with this, or able to point me in a direction that I can research myself? The lid has the lettering etched or burned into the wood, while the Williams logo in the center is a decal. I've had it on a shelf for decor the entire time I've had it. Another thread on B & B caused me to pull it off the shelf & make this inquiry. There are no markings indicating the country of origin or year it was made.

Thank you!
IMG_4201.jpg
IMG_4199.jpg
IMG_4200.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know anything about this bowl? I've looked previously & have come up blank. I'm not one to not research, that's part of the fun of this pastime. I've looked into this bowl & am now looking to you, my B & B brethren, for any information you may have. I've had this wooden shaving bowl for some time. Is anyone familiar with this, or able to point me in a direction that I can research myself? The lid has the lettering etched or burned into the wood, while the Williams logo in the center is a decal. I've had it on a shelf for decor the entire time I've had it. Another thread on B & B caused me to pull it off the shelf & make this inquiry. There are no markings indicating the country of origin or year it was made.

Thank you!
View attachment 1204645View attachment 1204648View attachment 1204649
There's a Williams gift set currently listed on the bay that includes this style bowl. The style of the aftershave bottle that comes with the set indicates that it was sold from 1940-49. If you look this up on the auction site you have to use the word 'antique' before Williams or it won't come up. Also, it was manufactured in Glastonbury, CT.

I've included a photo of a Williams gift set with a different style bowl that was also sold in the 1940's. Hope this was helpful.
IMG_1004.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you gentlemen for your comments. I imagine if @Graydog has made a shaving or lather bowl, it is a work of art just as his brush handles are. Thank you @lurchbrian & @AnimalCatcher for your information, it's very helpful. Any others that are able to add additional info, please jump in.

Top Bottom