What's new

Williams shave soap

Went and picked up my first pucks of Williams tonight. Until this point, I have only experimented with soft soaps like Proraso or creams. Ive also always lathered in a bowl but my wife bought me a shave mug to use, hence why I bought the Williams. I tried to lather it in a bowl after loading with results less that what Im used to with soft soaps. I then tried again with a face lather and got a great result with a good lather and slickness. Does anyone else out there get a better result when face lathering off a puck?

I dont care to lather on the puck. I feel its too wasteful. For Williams its probably no big deal since its $1.50 for a puck, but Id still stick to face lathering.

Williams gets a bad rap from a lot of people in the forum. I used to dislike it but that was before I knew how to get a lather from it, MWF, IK... Pretty much the same with all soaps.

And I love shave soaps - WAY more than creams. Soaps just last... forever. Creams get weird. Difficult to explain. They definitely lose volume. The only thing that I notice with soaps is that whatever scent they carry mellows. That's a good thing with many soaps - including Williams IMO.

If you love face-lathering you should experiment with shave sticks like Arko, Speick or La Toja. You'll probably enjoy them a lot. IME sticks make the best travel soap.

Top Bottom