What's new

Williams Mug Soap. Tell me something good!

I recently sent a puck of Williams with some other shave goodies to the UK...

Results?? The world now has another Williams lover... Class tells!

Although, this gent is experienced and knows how to make soaps work...

This guys says that with cremes you can lather in a bowl, but with soaps its best to lather on the face. It's all method I suppose with different people.As with most things if you don't do something right you are bound to have a bad experience. I found this page very informational and thought it could help some people frustrated with Williams or any shaving soap.

http://wet-shavers.com/how-to-lather-shaving-soap/

They certainly didn't test it on people, cause if they did they would have thrown the formula out a long time ago!

(sorry, I just felt this thread was getting to lovey-dovey, time to rattle the cage a bit.)

:lol: They may not have tested it on animals but it is for sure partly made of it! (to rattle the cage a bit more)

What part of the animal? The fat? You think so? Does Williams use real animal fat? That says quality soap. Thats different then testing on animals. I wonder how many badger had to die to make my brush collection.
Has anyone seen the Honey Badger videos on youtube? A must see! So funny yet so serious

I tried a new puck today with my Superspeed/Crystal and wasn't impressed. The scent was nice, but the lather was bubbly and thin. No cushion whatsoever. I'm used to maybe two nicks on a bad day, but today I have about ten. I'll try it again for the next few days.
I tried it again today and didn't think it was any better. I was extra careful and didn't get as many nicks as last time, but still got a few. Again, no cushion or lubrication. I threw it out.

A splash of Aqua Velva Blue on top sound like a neat idea. It does say to try the 2 together on the inside of the box, but i dont think they ment like that! Haha! You might be onto something here. Im gonna grab some Ice Blue and give it a shot. Previously in this discussion, a gentelman said he uses Williams with his Col. Conk Lime soap. I have some of that too so I might try that aswell.
For the record, Williams doesnt give me any trouble to start with, I just like to mix it up a little in the mornings.

I just tried something different that may sound weird. I added a few drops of KY warming oil, and it made my Williams lather explode. It's super thick and creamy and cushions like crazy. What made me try this was reading the ingredients on the KY and it was mostly glycerin products. This little experiment has made me definitely want to pick up some cheap glycerin next time I hit the store. And I read some say that the lather dries with Williams. These pics were taken after I let it sit for at least 20 minutes. :001_tt2:

Attachments

• $09 cut.jpg
    $09 cut.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 147
  • $06 cut.jpg
    $06 cut.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 147
WOW! Now I've heard it all. If anyone else has tried anything that strange to lather their Williams, Id like to hear about it.
That is a smart idea! Williams, is there anything we wont try for you?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I just tried something different that may sound weird. I added a few drops of KY warming oil, and it made my Williams lather explode. It's super thick and creamy and cushions like crazy. What made me try this was reading the ingredients on the KY and it was mostly glycerin products. This little experiment has made me definitely want to pick up some cheap glycerin next time I hit the store. And I read some say that the lather dries with Williams. These pics were taken after I let it sit for at least 20 minutes. :001_tt2:

I used more KY and it worked :biggrin:

I too tried reverting back to the shower shave this morning. Took the Colonel and mug of Williams with me. Let the hot water from the shower fill the mug to soften the soap, and then stuck my brush in there while I got cleaned up. Finally got ready for the shave, dumped the water and shook off my brush. Swirled around in the mug for about 15-20 seconds and the lather was already flowing out of the mug. One of the best face lather shaves I have had. I think I have found a new weekend ritual when I know I can take my sweet time.

As with anything if you don't spend money you have to spend time. It's like that with a lot of cheaper products made with quality materials. The less money spent on an object the easier people are to likely write it off faster than something expensive. I have read a lot of things where people buy something cheap try it once and throw it away. Not knocking anyone for doing that, just an observation.

Im reading allot about adding glycerin based product to your williams puck to help the lather. I have these usp glycerin suppositories here and I thought they would probably be lovely. But before I lather a laxative all over my face Im gonna need a dare.
I also find the puck lathers nicely in the shower so... I might just do that.

Im reading allot about adding glycerin based product to your williams puck to help the lather. I have these usp glycerin suppositories here and I thought they would probably be lovely. But before I lather a laxative all over my face Im gonna need a dare.
I also find the puck lathers nicely in the shower so... I might just do that.

I'm about 1 more scary mental image away from unsubscribing from this thread... lol

Top Bottom