What's new

Williams Mug Soap. Tell me something good!

full

Utilisez de l'eau chaude et un blaireau de qualite pour obtenir une mousse riche et onctueuse qui adoucit la barbe.
Elle laisse la peau douce et lisse.
"Use warm water and a quality brush to get a rich and unctuous lather which softens the beard.
It leaves the skin soft and smooth"

Sans blagues? Merde de beouf puissance treize.

Comme toujours avec savons a raser, YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
:confused1

Is this something you did to doctor the Williams, or something else?

Haha no. Black Soap (also called African Black Soap) is a special type of soap made up of ashes and such that is known to be good for helping heal a variety of skin conditions. It is also a mild exfoliant. I have some minor skin problems so I found this stuff and always use it to wash my face before shaving.

That's another good thing about Williams Mug Soap. If it wasn't for threads like this, the only time I'd get exposed to anything French would be when I ordered a side of fries at the local burger joint.

Next time I lather Williams, I'll do it just a little more proudly! :thumbup1:

I love Williams Mug Soap. I have sensitive skin, and have had bad burning sensations/reddening from some soaps. Williams doesn't irritate my skin at all (no matter how long I leave it on), leaves my skin feeling softer than anything else, and smells great. Even lathers nice if you work it right. Been around since 1840 so I must not be the only one that likes it.

I used a puck a long time ago, I think when I was shaving with a Trac II. I tried a new puck today with my Superspeed/Crystal and wasn't impressed. The scent was nice, but the lather was bubbly and thin. No cushion whatsoever. I'm used to maybe two nicks on a bad day, but today I have about ten. I'll try it again for the next few days. So far, I much prefer the Kingsley and VDH Deluxe that I can get locally.

Hmmm...

MdC vs. Williams Mug soap

Not a fair comparison. How about Monsavon vs. Williams?

Both made it into my regular rotation; picking a winner would depend on mood, weather and such.

What they have in common is that I can stand both scents for daily use and both give zero irritation nor dry my skin. Pleasant to use products.

Tough call.

I agree 100% with your post as far as the quote goes. The rest of it sounds like severe blasphemy! :lol:

Don't get me wrong. In my post, en francais, I just mentioned how it dries out quite quickly. However, I digress. This morning the brush spent an extra seconds on the puck, and I used my scuttle to build the lather. I left a few droplets of water at the bottom of the G5, and the lather worked like a charm. I did not get as close of a shave as I do with cream, but that's another story. I don't mind the soapy scent at all.

So I tried using the stuff in the shower. I got the idea from this feed.
Its nice. I like it in my pre-shave shower. Try it! Its a good idea!
I like Williams

I'm going to pull up a chair and watch what happens here.......

Actually, that would be the same as usual...

About 3 people will strongly support the stuff, a few people will report that it's "not too bad", at least one or 2 will tell how they have been using it for many many years and never noticed a difference in the formulation, a few people who have never used the stuff will be tempted to see what all the fuss is about and go try the stuff, half a dozen people will tell how pathetic the stuff is, several thousand people will ignore the thread, knowing that modern Williams doesn't deserve their attention, so won't bother to post.

In the end, Williams will sell another half-dozen pucks of their unstable lathering product to those who are curious, moving some product off of local store shelves, making the store owners believe that they are carrying a really good product since it sells enough to justify the shelf space. The retailers will feel they are adequately covering the needs of those who still use the old-fashioined and out-dated shaving soaps and brushes, and will not bother to look for DECENT soaps or soap sticks to replace the now horribly formulated modern Williams. This will in turn keep this abomination the most "locally available" soap on the US Market, so that when a potential new wet-shaver gets a bug to try something "old fashioned" they will be very likely to pick up a puck of this for their first foray into a shave soap, and most will immediately return to canned goo. (I'm sure Gillette loves lots of positive talk about Williams - probably does them a lot of good as far a cementing customers to canned goo for life - after all, most people who might be curious and try Williams, would never bother with another soap, not knowing that there are other GOOD products out there that can make a stable, cushioning lather that they don't have to re-apply to the 2nd half of the face after they finish the first half of their shave to replace the lather that has disappeared.)

A few might find the brush "charming" and might stumble on this or another shaving forum and end up finding good soaps and get hooked.

In the long run, nothing changes, but it does occasionally provide some humor and fun to the rest of us, which is what really counts.

In the end, Williams will sell another half-dozen pucks of their unstable lathering product to those who are curious, moving some product off of local store shelves, making the store owners believe that they are carrying a really good product since it sells enough to justify the shelf space.

In the long run, nothing changes, but it does occasionally provide some humor and fun to the rest of us, which is what really counts.

Use it together with KMF and you support 2 American brands, and keep and old name alive as well.

You have a great intro and I entirely agree with your conclusion....:lol:

Does anyone know if Williams test on animals? If they do I will never buy their product again! Thats about the only thing that could stop me from liking them.
I fell inlove with a vintage bottle of old spice before they were bought out. The company that owns OS now, has a bad rep for testing on animals. That ruined my relationship with Old Spice.

Does anyone know if Williams test on animals? If they do I will never buy their product again! Thats about the only thing that could stop me from liking them.
I fell inlove with a vintage bottle of old spice before they were bought out. The company that owns OS now, has a bad rep for testing on animals. That ruined my relationship with Old Spice.

They certainly didn't test it on people, cause if they did they would have thrown the formula out a long time ago!

(sorry, I just felt this thread was getting to lovey-dovey, time to rattle the cage a bit.)

Top Bottom