What's new

Williams Mug Soap Arrived

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I received my soap in the mail yesterday and shaved with it this morning. It does smell like citronella. Maybe I can leave it outside to keep the mosquitos away. Lol. Seriously, I shaved with it this morning and got a good shave. The only real problem I had was with the Derby Extra blade I used. Those things draw more blood than a phlebotomist. I threw out the the ones I had left. I wouldn't give those to somebody I didn't like. My next soaps I want to try are are Saponificio Varesino Mirto di Sardegna, Mitchell 's Wool Fat, and Stirling's Scot's Pine Sheep. William's is an inexpensive soap does the job as you all already know.

Williams whips up a good lather but you have to work at it and its a thirsty soap. I bought 10 pucks for a buck each a few years ago. Local market was selling it out.

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I just put a teaspoon of water on it and took a brush that had been soaking and shook as much water out of it I could. I lathered the the puck up with no problem. I used to do the same with Tabac.

The only real problem I had was with the Derby Extra blade I used. Those things draw more blood than a phlebotomist.

I'm still pretty new and it amazes me how all over the map people are with blade preference. Some people love Derby Extra and it seems like many (most?) don't. Same with Astra and other mass-market choices. I guess faces just vary that much. Amazing stuff to read about!

I'm still pretty new and it amazes me how all over the map people are with blade preference. Some people love Derby Extra and it seems like many (most?) don't. Same with Astra and other mass-market choices. I guess faces just vary that much. Amazing stuff to read about!

Exactly. That's why we always say to get a blade sampler. We simply cannot predict which blades your face will love.

Top Bottom