What's new

Williams Institute for Shaving Excellence (WISE)

I'll post the ingredient list of the Canadian formulation later today, or someone could do it sooner of they can. Then we can compare.

Is the Williams sold in Canada the same formula as in the U.S.?

It's made in the same plant as far as I can tell. Ingredient list is: Potasium
Stearate, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, Water, Glycerin, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Titanium Dioxide, Stearic Acid, Pentasodium Penetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate. May contain Sodium Palm Kerelate.

It's made in the same plant as far as I can tell. Ingredient list is: Potasium
Stearate, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, Water, Glycerin, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Titanium Dioxide, Stearic Acid, Pentasodium Penetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate. May contain Sodium Palm Kerelate.

This is exactly the same ingredients list of recent purchases I made in Houston, TX.

The box looks like the one in this photo.
http://www.badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?p=6156364

Best regards,
Gene

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Hahahaha! Just stumbled across this today, I've been kinda inactive for the last 6 months or year. I had posted here several times before I used Williams and a Tweezerman brush for YEARS, with my old carts before getting on hear and 'learning' it was no good. I even posted my method... let puck soak while I showered, then lather right in the mug on top of the puck.

Glad people figured this out again. :lol: I used to have one of the bicentennial mugs, too. Actually got it when the offer was going on, but have long since lost it.

I think I'll make this a Williams week with Aqua Velva in honor of finding this thread. :thumbup1:

Hahahaha! Just stumbled across this today, I've been kinda inactive for the last 6 months or year. I had posted here several times before I used Williams and a Tweezerman brush for YEARS, with my old carts before getting on hear and 'learning' it was no good. I even posted my method... let puck soak while I showered, then lather right in the mug on top of the puck.

Glad people figured this out again. :lol: I used to have one of the bicentennial mugs, too. Actually got it when the offer was going on, but have long since lost it.

I think I'll make this a Williams week with Aqua Velva in honor of finding this thread. :thumbup1:

Welcome back to B&B!

I think that Williams is catching on with many since there is a lot more information on how to get a good lather with it. It certainly has it's detractors and it's not a high end soap, but you can get a good lather with it and a lot of people are now having more success achieving that thick lather. My first attempt with it was so bad I tossed it in the bin but then retrieved it a couple days later and started experimenting.

I cannot say it's the best soap in my draw, but I do use it a lot and if I ever feel like actually saving money (like I tell my wife :biggrin1:) it will become my go to soap and Nivea will be my go to cream.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
For years all I used was Williams with the tweezerman, and my only aftershave was Pinaud Clubman. No 'rotations'. Came here to learn DE shaving and now have a redonkulous collection of soaps/creams/after shaves (not by B&B standards, but in relation to my former shaving monogamy). I have a couple of Williams pucks in the cabinet, looking forward to getting reacquainted.

Check out what I just grabbed at an antique store. $10 + tax. I figured what the hell.
$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 171
Hey John, good to see you again. You were either my first piff'er or you and I participated in my first passarond. I do remember you were very welcoming, so welcome!

Welcome back to B&B!

I think that Williams is catching on with many since there is a lot more information on how to get a good lather with it. It certainly has it's detractors and it's not a high end soap, but you can get a good lather with it and a lot of people are now having more success achieving that thick lather. My first attempt with it was so bad I tossed it in the bin but then retrieved it a couple days later and started experimenting.

I cannot say it's the best soap in my draw, but I do use it a lot and if I ever feel like actually saving money (like I tell my wife :biggrin1:) it will become my go to soap and Nivea will be my go to cream.

My first stab at Williams was no good about 3 months ago. Due to the Williams slickness I knew that I would definitely try again.

After TheVez2 restarted the thread, I have been able to achieve some very pleasant shaves with Williams.

I just finished a very pleasant shave with a Weber PH + GSB(2) + Williams. Very close to BBS all over the face and no issues.

The results puts this soap in line with much more expensive soaps.

My second puck of Williams is almost gone.

Thanks Vez.
Gene

To me, that method seems most natural and I did it exactly that way before this thread and its recent predecessors showed me that other folks do anything similar.

To me, that method seems most natural and I did it exactly that way before this thread and its recent predecessors showed me that other folks do anything similar.

There was so little left of the puck, I did not think I could palm load it. Instead I dumped the water off and started to lather in a Van der Hagen apothecary mug with a wet Omega #49. I had enough creamy smooth lather for 4 passes and touch ups and then some. I might even get a couple more shaves from this little puck.

Top Bottom