What's new

Williams Institute for Shaving Excellence (WISE)

please soap artisans if you are reading this make the following

1.hard puck triple milled
2.scented like Williams but stronger
3.priced at $3.99 or so

OR go with a soft crop style soap that smells exactly like Williams and offer it for $10.99 I'm pretty sure this is directed right at Razorock.........if anyone could, they would be the ones to knock it out of the park.

3.priced at $3.99 or so

OR go with a soft crop style soap that smells exactly like Williams and offer it for $10.99 I'm pretty sure this is directed right at Razorock.........if anyone could, they would be the ones to knock it out of the park.

Add sodium tallowate to their wtp recipe...

Last edited:

3.priced at $3.99 or so

I had sent a message to Razorock already. This was their reply:

Thanks for your email and your recommendation. We will definitely look into it but it will be hard to do in 2022 as we are having a hard time keeping our existing products in stock due to the worldwide ingredient shortages and logistics delays. We will do our best to keep bringing you great products and adding great new products going forward.

Have a great rest of the week.

M****** I*****
CEO, Old World Importing Inc.
"It is Achievable because Anything is Possible!"

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I had sent a message to Razorock already. This was their reply:

Thanks for your email and your recommendation. We will definitely look into it but it will be hard to do in 2022 as we are having a hard time keeping our existing products in stock due to the worldwide ingredient shortages and logistics delays. We will do our best to keep bringing you great products and adding great new products going forward.

Have a great rest of the week.

M****** I*****
CEO, Old World Importing Inc.
"It is Achievable because Anything is Possible!"
Thanks for doing this friend P. Roll!

I wonder if they could call it "Wet William" and not get in trouble???

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Is that per puck? If so, and it performs well, that is a very fair price.
Yes. When not on sale the What The Puck shaving soap is $5.99, still a good buy. I would also venture to say that it lathers a bit easier than WMS.
I believe that TFS also has a line of soaps in the $5.99 range that perform well above their price point.

doug

TFS has a soap that’s $5.99 and it’s a dynamite performer, next time I need a puck I’m gonna try the wet the puck from razor rock. I really liked the aftershave so I’m sure I’ll like the soap.

If anyone could do it, it would be razor rock or Phoenix artisan.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
TFS has a soap that’s $5.99 and it’s a dynamite performer, next time I need a puck I’m gonna try the wet the puck from razor rock. I really liked the aftershave so I’m sure I’ll like the soap.

I'll betcha a nickel it'll be that dude in the pith helmet that'll do it. And charge $20 a puck or 3 for $70 and folks will be linin' up to give him their money! Dude's a genius.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur

I have three sticks of different flavors of Razorock and they are great soaps. Darn near as good as ARKO.

I had a chance to buy a Williams scuttle and didn’t know it was a Williams an utter I almost bought 12 pucks last month and waited too long now it’s gone!!! Maybe someone can get the recipe from Combe? Also I wonder if Combe would have raised the price on Williams a nickel, I bet that would have dramatically increased the profit margin with little change to the felt expense on the consumer side

Today's Vintage Williams shave, 1914 Ever-Ready razor, GEM stainless steel blade, Ever-Ready Brush, Williams Mug, witchhazel aftershave

thumbnail_IMG_20220317_122139740.jpg

I've been using Williams now off and on for the better part of 8 months, I wish I would have gotten into this stuff sooner when I started wet shaving, cause now it's sold out, no longer being made, and it's a real shame.

I hope someone comes into the industry buys the rights and the recipe and then produces it, and or keeps it going.

Exploring Williams alternatives myself since it was discontinued though I do have some in reserve.

I just ordered a few pucks of Black and Green Razorock WTP that's currently on sale for $2.99 each. Pucks are twice the size of Williams so per ounce price is not that much more. Only issue is the shipping charge. Will post once I try them. Note that while triple milled WTP is not tallow based like Williams.

Also received a Mitchell's Wool Fat, need to get a larger container to fit the bigger puck. Top ingredients are very similar to Williams. Obviously not in the same price range as Williams. Was recently on sale for $11.99 per puck on Amazon.

Arko is definitely a viable Williams replacement. For me it works just as well with the main difference that I can lather with a softer synthetic vs the stiffer boar that works best with Williams. I like the Arko aroma so no issues there. Really the last old school soap alternative to Williams left on the market. Acquired a 12 pack for $18 on Amazon in case this one also gets discontinued as manufacturers shift to higher priced shaving products. 75 grams per stick vs 50 grams per Williams puck so similarly priced in the 12 pack.

Last one I'll through out there is Van Der Hagen Luxury. While it is a different shaving experience the soap does work well thanks to the added glycerin. I have some that I use periodically as part of my rotation. Typically $2.99-$4.99 for a 3.5 ounce puck and available in many retail stores.

Top Bottom